Material Operator B
TAMKO Building Products LLC is seeking a Material Operator B for the facility in Dallas, TX. The Material Operator B is responsible for operating and assisting in the maintenance of an asphalt processing facility, with additional responsibility for ensuring the safety and compliance of operations conducted at the plant, and the quality of material produced during their shift.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additional duties may also be assigned.
- Operate on a rotating shift schedule with limited supervision.
- Perform boiler testing and make necessary corrections to boiler operation based on Standard Operating Procedures.
- Take samples and perform lab testing on raw materials, semi-finished goods and finished products.
- Work to maximize compliance with specifications and minimize product variation.
- Run plant operations from an HMI computer
- Prepare shipping documents in SAP and work with drivers to safely and efficiently load and unload trucks of asphalt and other materials.
- Maintain the plant and buildings in a clean and organized fashion. Perform regular cleaning in the plant, office, and control room.
- Enter work order notifications in a computerized work order system (SAP) when maintenance issues are identified.
- Perform maintenance on pumps, mixers, valves and other industrial equipment.
- Operate machinery including, but not limited to, front-end loaders, man-lifts and forklifts.
- Perform Condition-Monitoring inspections using a computerized inspection system to detect and report failure conditions in equipment.
- Perform thorough plant walkthroughs at least twice per shift.
- Complete onsite and offsite training as required.
- Perform all required safety and environmental training.
- Perform winterization duties, including salting roads and walkways, shoveling snow, and using a vehicular plow, before, during, and after winter weather.
- Actively seek to identify and correct any safety issues identified in the plant or processes.
- Perform all required safety, environmental and maintenance inspections.
- Promptly report all observed environmental events as required by TAMKO policy.
- Complete first aid and CPR training and act as a First Responder during plant emergencies.
- Execute and assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures, Standard Work Plans, and Anti-Tampering procedures.
- Suggest methods for improving production equipment, processes, or operating conditions.
- Be a member of a continuous improvement team.
- Lead a 5S, safety, or continuous improvement team.
- Follow all work rules and report violations of work rules to your supervisor immediately.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Rotating shift and overtime availability.
- Manufacturing equipment experience.
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude as measured in a pre-employment test.
- Computer skills, including typing, using e-mail, web browsing, etc.
Physical Requirements/Work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to move throughout the facility and perform various inspection and maintenance tasks. The employee is required to sit inside the cab of several kinds of powered industrial vehicles such as forklifts, front end loaders and man lifts. The employee must regularly move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
- This job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes, odors or airborne particles. The employee may be required to enter confined spaces and work at heights of up to 50 feet. Noise levels in the plant are occasionally loud, and hearing protection is required in certain areas of the plant or while performing specific tasks.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits. Full details of the benefits package can be discussed during the interview process or as part of the offer package.
Back to top