Manager Enterprise Data Architecture
The Manager Enterprise Data Architecture (EDA) will lead the development of TAMKO’s data strategy, creating a sustainable information environment while ensuring reduction of risk exposure and improving quality, retention, archival and deletion strategies across the enterprise. The EDA is responsible for establishing and promoting the company’s Enterprise Information Architecture (EIA), including governance and definition of data entities and their relationships, depiction of the enterprise information supply/value chain (where and how information is created, updated, stored, distributed, used, deleted or archived), conceptual and logical data models, records retention & archiving, and other related responsibilities. This individual provides the architectural vision, thought leadership, planning and oversight needed to define the company’s data strategy and EIA, and to implement them in meaningful, tangible ways, including but not limited to the implementation of an appropriately defined Enterprise Data Model, Retention & Archival strategy, and governance ensuring integrity across the enterprise.
Summary of Essential Functions:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additional duties may be assigned.
- Manages a team of database administrators and business intelligence developers
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations / requirements, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems
- Develops database solutions by designing logical and conceptual data models using modeling tools to integrate disparate data into a data warehouse and understanding how to build a comprehensive data mart strategy including only required data redundancy
- Defines database physical structure from the logical, and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions. Able to determine if cloud or on premise solution is optimal for given situation
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Implements and maintains appropriate data governance leading to understanding of the requirements associated with master data management and data integrity across an enterprise
- Provides thought leadership in Digital Transformation and Analytics company wide and leads the transformation of Analytics from Descriptive to Predictive and Prescriptive
- SAP HANA database design and modeling including the integration on non-SAP databases using federated & streaming services
Other Assigned Duties:
- Performs a variety of in-depth data analysis, data modeling, and data administration tasks on complicated datasets with potentially complex data integration scenarios with no supervision
- Provides senior level guidance in the interaction with business users to plan, develop, improve, and maintain complex components of the logical/physical Enterprise Data Warehouse and related models
- Establishes, maintains, adheres to, and enforces Enterprise Data Modeling and Data Integration standards
- Communicates with and/or interviews users to plan, develop, improve, and maintain components of the logical/physical corporate model
- Works closely with Business and IT team members to clarify and refine functional data requirement specifications
- Develops and presents training materials such as data flow diagrams, conceptual diagrams, UML diagrams, ER flow diagrams as needed in order to clarify data model meaning and usage effectively to a wide range of technical and non-technical consumers
- Works closely with Database Administrators and Data Integration developers resulting in effective data driven solutions
- Leads the implementation of strategic Enterprise Data Strategies
- Drives innovations by keeping current on emerging technology and data trends which may fit with TAMKO needs. Must be able to research, present, and accurately articulate benefits and goals of these technologies, such as Big Data, Hadoop, NoSQL, Data Virtualization, Data Services, Streaming and Federated services
- Creates and participates in the proliferation of our Corporate Meta-Data Repository and User Data Dictionary
- Creates and maintains the Corporate Data Model Repository
- Creates Reporting as required on Corporate Data Model Repository
- Creates corporate metrics on data integrity and identify opportunities for improvement
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 15 years of experience in Data Architecture or a Master’s degree and 10 years of related experience
- Must have knowledge of SAP/HANA database design and modeling techniques including SAP’s digital transformation strategy (S/4 and Enterprise HANA)
- Thorough understanding of data modeling and experience in modeling techniques and tools required for data warehousing (6-8 years’ experience)
- Must have a strong knowledge of Relational Database Design, Dimensional Database Design, and Hub and Spoke Database Design – star schema, snowflake schema, etc.
- Must have strong working knowledge (6-8 years’ experience) of Data Modeling Software such as Erwin, Sparx, ER/Studio or SAP PowerDesigner
- Must have strong working knowledge (5-7 years’ experience) of Enterprise Data Warehouse, ETL and Data integration techniques
- 6-8 years hands-on experience in usage and design considerations of 3rd Normal Form
- 6-8 years hands-on experience in creation and usage of ETL Design Specifications
- 6-8 years hands-on experience in creation and usage of Dimensional Models (Star Schema, etc)
- Must have a good understanding of Business Intelligence Tools and both their functional and technical requirements (5-7 years’ experience)
- Must have strong working knowledge (5-7 years’ experience) of Reporting Suites including SAP BusinessObjects, IBI WebFocus, PowerBI and SQL Server reporting tools
- Must have basic understanding or working knowledge of at least one of the following Data Management disciplines as it relates to: Master Data Management, IIoT, Web Services, or Hadoop or similar Big Data methodology
- Must be highly intelligent, conceptual, display excellent judgment, and be capable of communicating clearly in business terms to gather requirements. Must possess the ability to arrive at sound and effective business solutions that are cost effective
- Position requires proficient business knowledge in manufacturing
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods; must be able to operate a computer and other forms of office technology; must be able to effectively communicate.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately quiet
- Some work within the Plant environment is required
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Director of Builder/Contractor Relations
Alex directs the Sales Team in reaching out to companies specializing in new construction, re-roofing, and repair, discussing with these potential customers how TAMKO products can serve their needs.
Back to top