Machine Operator - Spunbond
TAMKO Building Products LLC is seeking a Machine Operator – Spunbond for our facility in Columbus, Kansas. The Machine Operator will apply necessary resources to production process lines to safely and efficiently produce quality non-woven resonated and non-resonated products.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Follow all safety procedures, lockout/tagout, machine guarding, etc.
- Report all incidents/accidents, personnel, maintenance or material issues to your supervisor
- Inspect TQCS throughout the shift to verify good quality control.
- Keep supervisor informed of quality problems associated with the finished products.
- Operate a forklift.
- Cut and sample test doff, conduct quality control testing, enter data into TQCS quality computer system.
- Inspect finished goods to ensure quality control.
- Provide process improvement ideas and assist in their implementation.
- Troubleshoot material transfer system to help minimize downtime.
- Operate the re-winder as needed.
- Understand proper start up procedures to increase safety and reduce waste.
- Promote team concept with all personnel.
- Work a rotating shift, including nights and weekends, and overtime as required.
- High school diploma or GED is required, associates/technical degree is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee must be able to position himself/herself to operate or maintain heavy plant equipment such as forklifts, front end loaders and man lifts.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, odors and airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat, vibration and confined spaces. The employee is occasionally exposed to acidic or caustic chemicals. A respirator may be required at times. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, with hearing protection provided.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Back to top