IT Purchasing & Vendor Manager
TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking an IT Purchasing and Vendor Manager at its offices in Irving, Texas. This role will establish purchasing and vendor management strategies, oversee the evaluation and selection of vendors as well as the negotiation of hardware, software, and service purchases and monitor contracts to ensure vendors comply with contractual terms and conditions
Summary of Essential Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additional duties may also be assigned.
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms. Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness.
- Evaluate and select vendors based on their stability, reputation, skillsets/expertise, quality, pricing, and delivery timeliness.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure clear requirements documentation.
- Negotiate on behalf of the company for the best value of purchases that support its operations and business objectives. This will include handling RFI, RFQ, & RFP for products and services.
- Contribute to contractual documents including statements of work, service level agreements, and other company required documents.
- Evaluate and monitor contracts to ensure vendors comply with contractual terms and conditions.
- Understand company policy for how to deal with suppliers, as well as with legal and contractual best practices .
- Initiate and manage relationships with vendors and the company’s operational departments.
- Manage the outsourcing process for the organization's IT department.
- Establish effective record keeping practices and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Manage software and hardware versions ensuring we stay current and retain vendor support.
- Monitor licenses in relation to contracts ensuring compliance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve or escalate vendor problems.
- Authorize payment for products and services.
- BS degree in an IT related field with experience in supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
- A senior IT professional with at least 10 years of experience .
- Experience with software licensing, hardware and software procurement, outsourcing (including offshore) agreements, and Cloud services.
- Proven working experience as purchasing manager, agent or officer.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- A knack for negotiation and networking.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and to work with figures.
- Solid judgement along with decision making skills.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Able to manager virtual teams.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical requirements/work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods; must be able to operate a computer and other forms of office technology; must be able to effectively communicate.
- The employee must regularly move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and occasionally moderate.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Director of Builder/Contractor Relations
Alex directs the Sales Team in reaching out to companies specializing in new construction, re-roofing, and repair, discussing with these potential customers how TAMKO products can serve their needs.
Back to top