TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking a Instrumentation Technician at our Frederick, Maryland manufacturing facility. The Instrumentation Technician will install, program and maintain electrical equipment and systems.
Summary of essential job functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides support to the electrical maintenance group.
- Designs new plant equipment or modifies existing equipment as directed.
- Programs new plant equipment and modifies existing programs using Programmable Controllable Logic (PLC).
- Provides technical information concerning calibration, programming and machine setup.
- Confers with plant personnel to resolve problems.
- Prepares system layouts, detailed drawings and schematics.
- Compiles and analyzes operational test data to resolve performance issues.
- Develops experimental test programs.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Installs design modifications as required.
- Maintains critical environmental and process controls.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience maintaining industrial automation processes based on Siemens 505, S7, PLS, Wonder ware, Siemens AC Vector Drives is a plus.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database software; internet software; spreadsheet software and Word processing software.
- Ability to work rotating shifts and weekends.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to write, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is required to sit inside the cab of several kinds of powered industrial vehicles such as forklifts, front end loaders and man lifts. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- This job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes, odors or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat, vibration and confined spaces.The employee is occasionally exposed to acidic or caustic chemicals.A respirator may be required at times.The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, with hearing protection provided.
To be successful in this role, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Reasoning Skills – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Quality – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan and other benefits.
TAMKO® Building Products, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest independent manufacturers of residential and commercial roofing products (including MetalWorks® Steel Shingles), decking and railing products, waterproofing, cements and coatings. With 70 years in the industry, TAMKO’s success is the direct result of teamwork and enduring relationships with customers, suppliers and employees. Privately owned, TAMKO is committed to producing quality products with superior product support.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Corporate Director, Supply Chain Management
Rob is responsible for overseeing Tamko’s ever-changing supply-and-demand process. He organizes everything, from purchasing and order entry to incoming and outgoing logistics.
Back to top