TAMKO Building Products LLC is seeking an Industrial Technician for our facility in Columbus, Kansas. The Industrial Technician will safely and efficiently maintain equipment to the highest reliability while providing our customers with quality residential and commercial building products.
Summary of essential job functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Follow all safety procedures, to include lockout/tagout, machine guarding, etc.
- Report all incidents/accidents, personnel, maintenance or issues to your supervisor.
- Keep supervisor informed of all safety, reliability, and quality problems associated with maintenance and production of quality products.
- Effectively trouble shoot, diagnose, and maintain industrial electrical machinery at voltages of 10v DC to 480v AC.
- Effectively trouble shoot, diagnose, and maintain industrial machinery controls, such as drives, PLC’s, HMI’s and communications.
- Effectively trouble shoot, diagnose, and preform hands on maintenance to industrial machinery.
- Utilize industrial shop equipment and tools required to fabricate necessary parts and structural items.
- Utilize welding and cutting equipment, such as stick and wire welding (MIG), along with the use of gas/acetylene cutting equipment.
- Operate shop hand tools safety, such as drills, grinders, wrenches, etc.
- Provide process improvement ideas and assist in their implementation.
- Operate forklifts, scissor lifts, aerial boom lifts, and moving vehicles.
- Perform work in highly elevated locations as needed.
- Work overtime and on-call as needed.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two-year Electrical diploma or certificate of completion
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The employee must be able to operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Position self to inspect, operate, and repair plant machinery and equipment, which at times will require employee to ascend/descend ladders or stairs.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, confined spaces, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, risk of electrical shock and risk of radiation. Use of a respirator may be required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Back to top