Industrial Technician C
TAMKO Building Products LLC is seeking an Industrial Technician C at our Green Cove Springs, Florida facility. The Industrial Technician C will install, maintain, and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and electrical systems; lead teams of operators and supervisors in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical problems while in a time-constrained environment; isolate root causes of maintenance problems accurately; and develop short-term expedient solutions to maintenance problems which keep the line operational until scheduled maintenance shutdown.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Understand and follow safe work practices.
- Follow all safety rules and practices including the proper use of personal protection equipment (PPE).
- Operate electrical testing equipment.
- Operate welding machine and shop machines.
- Operate forklifts and man lifts.
- Understand and Operate plant software including Outlook, Wonderware, SAP, Lotus Notes, Excel and any other software required for proper job performance.
- Troubleshoot & repair all electrical & mechanical equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair burner systems.
- Repair and maintain physical structure of establishment.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and equipment and repair/recommend corrective actions for equipment repair.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Perform PMs & minor repairs to forklifts and other rolling equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical problems in the plant using prints and computers.
- Check voltages with volt meter.
- Operate a clamp on AMP meter to check amperes on motors.
- Help with installation and removal of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Run conduit, pull wires and make connections for electrical installations.
- Install, program, and/or repair automated machinery and equipment such as robots or programmable controllers.
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical problems are encountered before, during, and after installation of equipment.
- Assist in planning with the Engineering Department on new projects.
- Work with Engineering Department and Production in de-bugging equipment.
- Read & Understand Blueprints and schematic drawings used for installations & troubleshooting.
- Receive work requests and complete specified work in a timely manner while maintaining accurate work orders documentation of work conducted.
- Provide timely and insightful feedback on work orders completed.
- Track parts usage and find stored parts.
- Position motors and gear reducers to mounting brackets.
- Maintain tool boxes to TAMKO GCS tool box standard.
- Testing various types of equipment in shop.
- Calibrate and test various weight scales and flow meters used in the plant.
- Assist the production line when needed or directed by the CRL Supervisor.
- Understand and follow Standard Work Plans when provided.
- Perform CM inspections when directed using TAMKO GCS standard CM equipment.
- Complete periodic skills training as directed, which may require travel to other TAMKO plants and facilities.
- Complete Levels one, two, three & four of TPC training within 18 months of the hire date
- Cross train on the Coated Roll Line and be able to give breaks to the Process Technicians on both the front end and back end positions.
- Work rotating shifts, including nights and weekends and overtime as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates Degree or higher desired
- Valid driver’s license
- Rotating 8 or 12 hour shifts, 7 days per week availability.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment desired
- Previous Forklift experience helpful but not required
- OSHA training desired
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally, with the assistance of another employee, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Position self to inspect, operate, and repair plant machinery and equipment, which at times will require employee to ascend/descend ladders or stairs.
- This job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, odors and airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat, vibration and confined spaces. The employee is occasionally exposed to acidic or caustic chemicals. A respirator may be required at times. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, with hearing protection provided.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Rachel H.Director of Asphalt Processing
Upon completion of TAMKO’s Six Sigma Black Belt training, Rachel has been promoted to her current role of Director of Asphalt Processing, where she is responsible for optimizing and automating the way TAMKO processes our most expensive raw material at nine facilities.
Back to top