TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking an Industrial Mechanic at our manufacturing facility in Dallas, TX. The Industrial Mechanic will work independently on rotating night and day shift as part of a team with other maintenance and production personnel to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair manufacturing equipment.
Starting Hourly Wage: $29.13
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Build relationships focused on teamwork with production supervisor, production operators and other maintenance personnel.
- Troubleshoot, repair and install industrial mechanical equipment, including safety guards and shields.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on equipment; inspection, lubrication, alignment, etc.
- Perform work on demand by answering line calls from inside and outside the plant area.
- Replace bearings, chains, sprockets and a variety of other machine parts.
- Rebuild pumps, air cylinders, cutting cylinders and various mechanical equipment as necessary following standard operating procedures.
- Work a rotating shifts, including nights and weekends, as well as overtime when required.
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college, technical school, or equivalent military training and experience
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to work rotating shifts and weekends
- Military Experience
- Naval Submariner Engine Room, or
- Aircraft engine maintenance.
- Knowledge of PLCs, AC/DC motors and drives, and 480 volt 3 phase power.
- Use of precision maintenance tools and methods; shaft alignment, belt tensioning, sprocket/pulley alignment, setting bearing tolerances, and proper fastener torque.
- Industrial maintenance experience in roofing plants, paper mills or steel mills.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee must be able to position himself/herself to operate, troubleshoot, and/or or maintain heavy plant equipment. The employee must be able to inspect equipment and detect equipment malfunctions, as well as utilize tools to repair and maintain equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this Job the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
Back to top