TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking an Industrial Electrician at our manufacturing facility in Dallas, TX. The Industrial Electrician will work independently on rotating night and day shift as part of a team with other maintenance and production personnel to maintain, troubleshoot and repair manufacturing equipment.
Starting Hourly Wage: $29.13
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Build relationships focused on teamwork with production supervisor, production operators and other maintenance personnel.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance on Electrical and Mechanical equipment.
- Installs new or modifies existing electrical equipment, including new conduit runs.
- Observes electrical equipment in operation and performs required testing to locate and correct causes of trouble.
- Leads in training of others during normal repair tasks.
- Able to complete tasks without direct supervision.
- Performs machine calibration and setup.
- Confers with plant personnel to resolve problems.
- Utilizes system layouts, detailed drawings and schematics to solve technical issues.
- Utilizes existing equipment programming to troubleshoot electrical problems as needed.
- Has advanced working knowledge of plant electrical distribution and control systems.
- Performs complex calibrations on plant equipment.
- Has knowledge and ability to use all electrical test equipment.
- Installs design modifications as required.
- Works rotating shifts, including nights and weekends, and overtime as may be required.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work rotating shifts and weekends works overtime as required.
- Military Experience
- Naval Submariner Engine Room, or Aircraft maintenance.
- Knowledge of PLCs, AC/DC motors and drives, and 480-volt 3 phase power.
- Use of precision maintenance tools and methods; shaft alignment, belt tensioning, sprocket/pulley alignment, setting bearing tolerances, and proper fastener torque
- Industrial maintenance experience in roofing plants, paper mills or steel mills.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to communicate. The employee must be able to position himself/herself to operate or maintain heavy plant equipment such as forklifts, front end loaders and man lifts. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, odors and airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat, vibration and confined spaces. The employee is occasionally exposed to acidic or caustic chemicals. A respirator may be required at times. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, with hearing protection provided.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
Back to top