Industrial Controls Technician
TAMKO Building Products LLC is seeking an Industrial Controls Technician for the facility in Frederick, Maryland. The Industrial Controls Technician will work within the Maintenance Department and is responsible for Industrial Maintenance execution in the primary discipline of Instrumentation/Controls & Electrical Distribution. To be a functional team member of the Frederick Maintenance Team in an effort to provide Industrial Maintenance and Troubleshooting services to the various Manufacturing Lines at the TAMKO Frederick Facility. This position will require flexibility both with performing investigative/troubleshooting tasks on PLCs, HMIs, and automated systems primarily on the manufacturing floor as well as performing Electrical Distribution and Mechanical system (rotating equipment) maintenance as required based on personnel availability and operational need.
Essential Job Functions
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work with Safety as a top priority and actively support the TAMKO goal of establishing a Zero Incident Safety Culture.
- Ensure 100% environmental compliance in all work activities and follow TAMKO’s environmental rules and regulations.
- Provide primary support and execution of electrical and controls maintenance to the roofing manufacturing lines and ancillary equipment/systems at the TAMKO Frederick facility.
- Troubleshoot programming and system faults for plant equipment and modify existing programs to improve sequencing, add/modify/remove alarms, and aide in improved troubleshooting and error response within the plant PLCs, HMIs, and automated systems.
- Perform work as an Industrial Electrician within electrical panels, systems, and wiring up to 480V. Individual will be required to become certified as a Level 1 Electrician at the facility and meet all requirements for achieving and maintaining that certification.
- Support and execute equipment calibration, programming installation and updates, and machine setup.
- Collaborate with maintenance, operations, and engineering personnel to resolve problems.
- Review and update/redline system layouts, detailed drawings, and schematics.
- Review and analyze operational data to diagnose and resolve performance issues.
- Maintain critical environmental and process control systems.
- Perform Industrial Maintenance activities as required, both as planned & scheduled work and as emergent production line support, troubleshooting, and repair. Required work activities may include controls, electrical, and/or mechanical maintenance as required based on personnel availability and operational need.
- High school diploma or GED required. Technical Degree in Industrial Electrical, Controls, or Automation-based fields preferred.
- Four to Five years of related experience and/or training required. A combination of education and experience will be considered. Candidates with less experience may be considered for a lesser role with the intent of advancing to this role after specific training and experience requirements are met.
- Experience working with Electrical Distribution systems and wiring up to 480V required.
- Experience maintaining industrial automation processes utilizing Siemens 505 or S7 PLCs, Siemens AC Vector Drives, and/or Wonderware is preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database and word processing software, as well as experience navigating in internet browsers and other similar systems. Drafting experience in Computer Automated Design software such as AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventory a plus; however, not required.
- Experience working in SAP or other Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) preferred.
- Employees may occasionally be asked to perform ‘on call’ responsibilities in which they will be compensated for being available to work as-required within a 30-60 minute notice. Full details of on-call policy will be reviewed upon offer of employment.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crouch, bend, stoop, kneel, or crawl. Employees must also use hands to write, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk or hear.
- Employees are required to become certified to operate multiple kinds of powered industrial vehicles such as forklifts and man/personnel lifts. As such, employees will be required to enter and sit inside industrial vehicle cabs.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus in changing light/depth scenarios
- The job is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to moving mechanical systems and around/near energized electrical systems while following necessary safety procedures and wearing appropriate PPE.
- Employees may be exposed to fumes, odors, and airborne particles. PPE will be required as necessary. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, extreme heat, vibration, and confined spaces. A respirator may be required at times. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, and hearing protection is provided and required to be worn at all times while working in the facility.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits. Full details of the benefits package can be discussed during the interview process or as part of the offer package.
Back to top