TAMKO is seeking a Human Resources Specialist at our corporate office in Joplin, Missouri. The HR Specialist is responsible for working in a team environment to complete daily tasks within the human resources management system. Specifically, this role will work closely with other HR Specialists to maintain data integrity, implement new projects and propose areas for process improvement.
The HR Specialist must be technologically adept and be able to work with multiple Microsoft applications, TAMKO’s HR management system, UltiPro, web-based learning management systems and various other databases. This role will assist in day-to-day end-user support and data maintenance for existing systems. In addition, the HR Specialist will be responsible for executing necessary processes and review for weekly and semimonthly payroll processing.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform basic maintenance within TAMKO’s HR management system, UltiPro
- Act as subject-matter-expert to support staff on UltiPro support-related issues
- Consistently execute necessary processes for weekly payroll processing
- Ensure high quality of any materials created by HR team through detailed reviews
- Create, review and audit reports
- Assist with managing data in core HR tables
- Continuously seek ways to improve existing processes and programs through the use of technology
- Support day-to-day end-user help requests and assist with troubleshooting
- Work directly with the vendors as needed for troubleshooting and evaluation of new technology solutions
- Collaborate with Legal, IT, Finance, Compliance, Payroll and other business units
- Ability to travel when needed
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to manage multiple projects for multiple customers and stakeholders with deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision to create solutions that are in alignment with the culture and strategies of the company
- Ability to collaboratively work with all team members, stakeholders and internal customers and foster a positive, productive work environment
- Ability to think creatively about new solutions
- Ability to define and document business processes
- Excellent customer service orientation using a consultative approach
- Resilient and able to deal with challenging situations in a positive manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel (intermediate to advanced level), PowerPoint, etc.
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, HR or related field preferred
- 1-3 years of HR experience preferred
- HR Generalist, PHR/SPHR certification preferred, not required
- Experience with manufacturing and industrial settings is preferred
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Director of Builder/Contractor Relations
Alex directs the Sales Team in reaching out to companies specializing in new construction, re-roofing, and repair, discussing with these potential customers how TAMKO products can serve their needs.
Back to top