Director of Infrastructure
TAMKO Building Products is seeking a Director of Infrastructure for the office in Irving, Texas. This position is a high-impact strategic leadership role that can support and advance TAMKO’s infrastructure operations. This individual will oversee all technical aspects and resources within the Infrastructure group for the purposes of organizational growth and establish a technological vision focused on customer service, cost control/efficiency and technology advancement/maturity. This role will 'proactively' identify opportunities to improve IT resource efficiency/output and internal customer experience and Cloud capabilities and the consolidation/tracking/utilization/efficiency of all IT assets.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function below satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leads a team of engineers and administrators to provide enterprise system architecture, engineering, implementation, operation and training, vendor integration and interoperability with regional based technology systems. Successful candidate will be well-versed in the following:
- Network Architecture design, integration, implementation and configuration
- Enterprise Wireless Access Control configuration/management
- Create/manage VLANs and SSIDs’ and network time settings
- Enterprise-wide DHCP management
- Manage VPN Access Control
- Manage Domain and SSL certificates
- Conduct Advanced troubleshooting
- Conduct Capacity planning and risk management
- Provide Enterprise monitoring and conduct asset auditing
- Enterprise AD OU creation and management
- Organization, domain and user creation, deletion and management
- Enterprise security group creation and management
- Dynamic distribution group creation and management
- VCenter management
- Virtual Server creation, configuration and deletion
- Server capacity planning/risk management
- O365 account management (Email, Sharepoint, One Drive, license activation, modifying primary accounts)
- Public Drive file share administration
- System Auditing
- Enterprise-wide back-ups of enterprise and local servers
- Capacity planning and lifecycle management
- Leverage creativity and promote innovation.
- Facilitate the restoration of normal operational service with minimal business impact on the customer within agreed upon service levels and priorities.
- Ensure compliance using established processes and procedures.
- Follows Incident, Change and Configuration Management processes.
- Oversee escalation procedures to ensure timely resolution of customer technology problems.
- Monitor and report on service performance and achievement.
- Propose new services or products that will aid in success to corporation and schools.
- Recruit and develops employees.
- Conduct reviews and performance evaluations.
- Collaborate with functional peers to do the following:
- Analyze and review service performance against SLAs
- Target actions required to maintain or improve service levels
- Report on performance and achievement
- Provide information for SLA reviews and negotiations
- Define and manage a training path for your team.
- Identify areas where more training or usability improvement is needed.
- 15+ years of experience in progressively responsible technology leadership roles, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in large-scale project management.
- Deep understanding and proven track record of IT strategy delivery, and keen awareness of the company’s strategic goals, and ability to define and influence those goals.
- Successful track record working with third-party providers to deliver results.
- Proven track record developing a company’s information technology organization, including hiring, retention and succession planning, to create a high-performing team.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in the field of computer science or business administration; a master’s degree in either of these fields, or an M.B.A. with technology as a core component is preferred.
- Driving Results - In an organization experiencing significant change, the Director of Infrastructure must:
- Develop and implement a cohesive technology strategy and implementation roadmap for TAMKO that embraces leading-edge technology and meets the needs of the business.
- Enable higher performance and meet a high standard for successfully delivering large and complex technology programs by incrementally improving approaches based on calculated risks and benefits.
- Benchmark TAMKO performance against industry best practices.
- Strategic Thinking - Given TAMKO’s strong focus on creating an IT strategy that will support new and reinvented company goals, the Director of Infrastructure must:
- Be able to think two to three years ahead and explain specifically how changes in competitors, clients and market segments will impact TAMKO’s business.
- Monitor external technology changes and be a source of continuous innovation, facilitating speed-to-market and competitive advantage. Leverage technology to drive innovation in the business.
- Set the direction aligned to TAMKO’s strategy, setting clear, specific objectives and plans.
- Create plans that ensure a great customer and supplier experience to achieve competitive advantage.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical requirements/work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods; must be able to operate a computer and other forms of office technology; must be able to effectively communicate.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits. Full details of the benefits package can be discussed during the interview process or as part of the offer package.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Director of Builder/Contractor Relations
Alex directs the Sales Team in reaching out to companies specializing in new construction, re-roofing, and repair, discussing with these potential customers how TAMKO products can serve their needs.
Back to top