Customer Loyalty Representative
TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking a Customer Loyalty Representative at our corporate office in Joplin, MO. The Customer Loyalty Representative is responsible for all aspects related to internal and external Customer Service including inquiries, life cycle of order process, and issue resolution. Requires honesty, integrity, a sense of urgency and a drive to succeed while being motivational when working with others, demonstrating dignity and respect for individuals, and conducting business in a manner that focuses on value creation, customer needs, and long-term profitability through the extended process.
- Show a strong desire for continuous learning and growth
- Take initiative, self-driven
- Use strategic thinking
- Bring together cost consciousness and quality customer service to maximize sustained long-term profitability that is mutually beneficial to TAMKO’s customers, suppliers, employees and shareholders
Essential job functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Provide customer assistance via telephone, e-mail, fax, web, and Electronic Data Interchange with a variety of customer inquiries, including, but not limited to placing and changing orders, dealing with job site loads, determining inventory availability, resolving problems with orders and other related information
- Must become familiar with all TAMKO product lines, manufacturing and warehouse locations
- Maintain master data and process data in various systems
- Communicate daily with other departments regarding various areas of the order process
- Assist Customer Service Managers and/or supervisors.
- Overtime, as required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Four year college degree, or current enrollment at a four-year institution with senior-level status and an anticipated graduation within 12 months
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, structured, dynamic and high-transaction environment with minimal errors
- Strong time management skills with ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and work environment at all times.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to draft correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent. Ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Apply critical and independent thinking skills to deal with problems involving multiple variables in many different situations.
- Proficient telephone, PC computer skills in a Windows environment, Microsoft Office or similar software package, Internet/Intranet knowledge, excellent alpha/numeric typing, copier, fax machine, printers, scanner.
- Ability to work with team members to accomplish the goals and workload for the department.
- SAP experience preferred, but not required.
- Flexibility to work 8 hour shifts with potential overtime between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Physical Requirements/Work environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Back to top