Contractor Sales Specialist - Houston, TX
TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking a Contractor Sales Specialist. The Contractor Sales Specialist calls on contractors, builders, architects, HOA’s, etc., in promotion of TAMKO products in the Houston, Texas area. This person will work with other members of the TAMKO Sales Team such as Residential/Commercial Managers and Decking Managers.
Summary of Essential Functions:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additional duties may also be assigned.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from ad inquiries, trade shows, direct mail responses, card deck leads, aged leads, bingos, dealer resellers, business directories, web sites and other sources.
- Make outbound lead follow-up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and e-mail to qualify leads and sell products and services.
- Handle inbound sales lead calls and convert calls into sales.
- Overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Emphasize salable features, quote prices/credit terms and prepare sales orders for orders obtained.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer based on knowledge of own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Coordinate customer training.
- Build and maintain customer relationships.
- Prepare reports of business transactions.
- Enter new customer data and other sales data for current customers into database.
- Work with outside sales representatives to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Help Territory Managers with displays.
- Travel to and attend trade shows.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from 4 year college or university, or one to two years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and internet software.
- Valid driver’s license.
Physical Requirements/Work environment:
The physical requirements/work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods; must be able to operate a computer and other forms of office technology; must be able to effectively communicate.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Frequent extended work hours.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Director of Builder/Contractor Relations
Alex directs the Sales Team in reaching out to companies specializing in new construction, re-roofing, and repair, discussing with these potential customers how TAMKO products can serve their needs.
Back to top