TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking a Computer Aided Design (CAD) Operator at our Engineering and Construction facility in Webb City, Missouri. The CAD Operator will provide CAD support to corporate project managers and engineers engaged in designing, building, and installing manufacturing systems and equipment around the company. In addition, the CAD Operator will maintain drawing archives and document/drawing control procedures for the engineering team.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additional duties may also be assigned.
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, machinery, structures and controls, using 2D and 3D computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Layout and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies, systems, and machines.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Position instructions and comments onto drawings.
- Layout, draw, and reproduce illustrations for reference manuals and technical publications to describe operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Develop document procedure for drawing requests to ensure all relevant information is provided or understood prior to the start of design.
- Clearly understand design requirements as specified by the project manager. Identify key design issues and communicate back to the project manager for resolution.
- Manage drawing requests and provide accurate timelines for competition based upon project requirements and priorities as defined by the Engineering Manager.
- Develop clear BOM, cut sheets and fabrication drawings for designs. Provide guidance and instruction to fabricators based on the information provided.
- Maintain all drawing documents, component files and design libraries. Develop and adhere to standardized drawing retention/revision procedures for retrieval of documents by authorized personnel. Ensure accessibility by providing documentation and training
- Organize and control hard copies of drawings, engineering documents and vendor supplied catalogs.
- Develop standardized methods and tolerances for drawings of routine components and a facility layout i.e. rolls, piping, structures, etc.
- Perform other tasks as designated by the Engineering Manager of E&C.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer Aided Design, Industrial Design, or some other CAD related field.
- Five years of prior experience in computer aided drafting/design preferred.
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be considered.
- Travel 5-10%
- Ability to take concepts from others and translate into clear/functional drawings
- Knowledge of current CAD practices and drawing standards
- Fundamental knowledge of maintaining/archiving documents
- Good Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Knowledge of equipment design
- Knowledge of construction materials
- 2D and 3D CAD proficiency (primarily Autodesk Suite)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Blueprint proficiency
Physical and Work Environmental Demands:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods; must be able to operate a computer and other forms of office technology; must be able to effectively communicate.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Six Sigma Black Belt
Rachel is currently undergoing TAMKO’s Six Sigma Black Belt training to implement plant improvement processes. Upon completion of the program, she will move into a management or director role.
Back to top