Associate General Counsel
The Associate General Counsel, in consultation with management, provides guidance, direction, and assistance on a wide variety of legal matters, including intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, compliance issues, transactions, contract drafting and review, employment and labor issues, and litigation. The Associate General Counsel is also responsible for managing outside counsel for company litigation from inception to trial, as well as day-to-day case management.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may also be assigned.
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues
- Research, anticipate and guard company against legal risks
- Advise managers and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Structure, draft and review reports and other legal documents
- Negotiate, draft and administer contracts
- Manage litigation and discovery issues, including overseeing outside counsel
- Travel to attend litigation proceedings and/or provide legal assistance or advice at TAMKO’s various facilities.
- Minimum of 7 years comparable law firm and/or in-house experience, including 5 years litigating or managing litigation
- Background in corporate law (contract law, intellectual property rights, employment and labor law, environmental law)
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills
- Administrative and managerial skills
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Basic computer skills, including use of Microsoft Word, Acrobat Adobe, and internet research tools.
- Current license to practice law
- Juris Doctor degree
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods; must be able to operate a computer and other forms of office technology; must be able to effectively communicate.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and occasionally moderate.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan, and other benefits.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Director of Builder/Contractor Relations
Alex directs the Sales Team in reaching out to companies specializing in new construction, re-roofing, and repair, discussing with these potential customers how TAMKO products can serve their needs.
Back to top