Asphalt Process Project Manager
TAMKO Building Products, Inc. is seeking an Asphalt Process Project Manager in Tuscaloosa, AL. The Asphalt Process Project Manager will report to the Director of Asphalt Processing and lead, coordinate and exercise functional authority for completing quality engineering solutions and projects to support manufacturing and corporate facilities and systems relevant to TAMKO’s asphalt plants. This is a corporate position based in Tuscaloosa, AL.
Summary of essential job functions
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Understand the fundamentals of project management
• Provide leadership
• Complete projects, analyses and reports in an accurate and timely fashion
• Direct and organize effective and efficient use of personnel and resources
• Promote, utilize, and institutionalize teamwork and team concepts in the implementation of project teams and in the daily operation of the facility
• Other duties may be assigned
• Provide good oral and written communication
• Support teams by providing them with the information, training and tools to succeed
• Understand fundamental knowledge of manufacturing systems
• Aid in identifying and selecting projects that fit the strategic business needs. Continually monitor project progress and evaluate project opportunities in each area of the process.
• Experience operating CAD, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Suite
• Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline (chemical engineering preferred)
• Prior experience in project engineering/management preferred
• 2 to 4 years related work experience and/or training post graduate
• Advanced Degree (M.S. or MBA) desirable
• Six Sigma BB/GB Certification desirable
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
• Ability to learn and understand statistical process control concepts, including control charts, variation, cause and effect relationships, Pareto principle (vital few/useful many) and process capability.
• Travel required 25-35%.
Physical Requirements/Work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes and airborne particles, extreme heat and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. A respirator may be required at times.
In addition to an attractive wage, this position offers a competitive benefits package including Group Health and Life Insurance, Vision and Dental Insurance, a Flexible Benefits Plan, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match, a Profit Sharing Retirement Plan and other benefits.
TAMKO® Building Products, Inc. is one of the nation’s largest independent manufacturers of residential and commercial roofing products (including MetalWorks® Steel Shingles), decking and railing products, waterproofing, cements and coatings. With 70 years in the industry, TAMKO’s success is the direct result of teamwork and enduring relationships with customers, suppliers and employees. Privately owned, TAMKO is committed to producing quality products with superior product support.
Meet Some of TAMKO's Employees
Director of Builder/Contractor Relations
Alex directs the Sales Team in reaching out to companies specializing in new construction, re-roofing, and repair, discussing with these potential customers how TAMKO products can serve their needs.
Back to top