Staff Accountant, Consolidations
T2 is an innovative, creative growth oriented video game company that is looking for a candidate to join our Consolidations team. We are looking for a bright, articulate, savvy, results oriented accountant who can become a business partner to our Label Finance teams and other departments, while being provided the opportunity to learn the business from the ground up.
Reporting to the Corporate Accounting Manager, you will be asked to provide accounting support and analysis in a fast growing business environment. You will assist our Corporate and Label Accounting teams with performing complex general accounting functions including the creation and review of monthly journal entries, as well as balance sheet account reconciliations and analyzing balance sheet and P&L accounts. You will also be asked from time to time to provide financial analysis to business partners.
- Perform complex general accounting functions including the preparation and review of monthly journal entries, analysis and balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Calculate monthly transfer pricing arrangements and prepare quarterly settlement statement
- Review and enhance accounting processes and general ledger reporting capabilities including documenting and maintaining accounting procedures.
- Participate in the consolidation process of financial statements.
- Ensure all accounting documentation is in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Communicate and collaborate with business operational team and various groups both within Finance and outside of Finance as appropriate to address day-to-day issues, resolve complex, non-routine, and/or sensitive accounting problems, and propose and negotiate solutions to accounting problems
- Experience with intercompany reconciliation and fixed assets would be a plus
- Execute special projects as directed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 2+ years of professional accounting experience working in high volume, fast paced environments.
- CPA preferred, but not required.
- Candidates with Big 4 public experience and private accounting experience are highly desirable
- Experience working in Entertainment/Media, Software Technology, or other related fields preferred
- Solid accounting principle foundation.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the business managers and to develop working relationships with management and staff in all departments.
- Proactive and ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment utilizing organizational and team-oriented interpersonal skills to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and deal with multiple changing priorities.
- Detail-oriented self-starter able to work under minimal supervision and drive tasks or responsibility to completion and meet the deadline
- Experience with using accounting software and resolving system workflow issue a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel functionalities and formula (e.g. pivot table, SUMIF/SUMIFS/VLOOKUP formulas, etc.)
- Knowledge of JD Edwards ERP and/or Hyperion Financial Management/Hyperion Planning systems a plus.
Meet Some of Take-Two Interactive Software's Employees
Director, Consolidations & Finance/IT Initiatives
When she’s not closing the books, resolving issues, and training staff, Enid is finding ways to improve processes at Take-Two, such as the implementation of a new ERP system.
Back to top