Sr. Systems Engineer
Take-Two is searching for a motivated Sr. Systems Engineer to join our Global Infrastructure Operations team. The applicant will be responsible for providing monitoring, management, control, and support for US and EU headquarters, remote sites, and data centers utilized by Take-Two, Rockstar Games, and 2K Games.
- Implement and support infrastructure solutions architected by subject matter experts.
- Maintain the health of systems by identifying and applying patches and firmware upgrades related to storage, servers, applications, network, virtual environment, and backups systems.
- Act as a resource to the tech teams for scripting and Linux administration
- Manage Linux infrastructure using tools such as Satellite and Puppet
- Document and implement configuration standards for utilization & manageability of datacenter systems.
- Ensure stability of all services by monitoring for trends of issues and growth.
- Interface with other technical staff regarding availability of the infrastructure, health of the hardware, technical considerations for planning and managing hardware replacements.
- Escalation point for operations in the event of issues with the technical design.
- Provide in-depth diagnosis for system software/hardware failures and develops solutions.
- Identify when platform software and OS upgrades are needed; coordinate upgrades to ensure timely scheduling and completion; ensure that appropriate documentation exists prior to implementation.
- Monitor end-user feedback in order to recommend future support and product enhancements.
- Participate in on-call rotation, ensuring proper resolution to escalated issues.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing daily tasks.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Server Operating Systems
- Working knowledge of Linux Operating systems
- Strong scripting skills – (Powershell, Bash, Python) with a focus on automation
- Working knowledge of VMware,
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, MCITP certification, or equivalent experience.
- Must have a strong understanding of monitoring, capacity management and provisioning as related to supporting and enhancing large Windows hosted applications and virtualized infrastructures.
- Possess a thorough understanding of monitoring and management systems such as Microsoft SCCM, Nagios, and other open source monitoring platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and problem-solving skills.
- Working Cisco IOS administration experience for adding/removing VLANS, setting up ACLs, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and/or Microsoft Lync
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
Take a peak inside our office and culture on The Muse: https://www.themuse.com/companies/taketwointeractivesoftware
Meet Some of Take-Two Interactive Software's Employees
Manager, Enterprise Applications
Khalia works to improve, streamline, and automate the applications and processes used by members of every department at Take-Two, providing technical support to HR, Finance, Legal, and Sales Teams.
Back to top