Sr. SOC Analyst
T2 is building out a Security Operations Center and is looking for a SOC Analyst who will play a crucial role in monitoring and responding to incidents in our various environments. The analyst will proactively hunt for threats, always with an eye towards improving alert quality, and automating response as applicable. This will also involve coordinating with various studio stakeholders across the organization. The analyst is expected to provide feedback and participate in the continuous improvement of the SOC.
• Perform security monitoring and incident response of cyber security events as part of a highly available Security Operation Center (SOC).
• Analyze security related log data from infrastructure systems and devices.
• Detect incidents through proactive "hunting" analysis of security-relevant data sets.
• Tune rules and thresholds to improve fidelity of alerts
• Leverage automation to improve workflow quality and efficiency as appropriate
• Understand and refine operational processes and procedures to appropriately analyze, escalate and assist in the remediation of information security-related incidents.
• Prioritize multiple tasks and formulate responses/recommendations to labels and team members in a fast-paced environment.
• Provide host and network forensic support to acquire artifacts and analyze malware and related cyber threats.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 3-5 years' experience as a Security/Network Administrator or equivalent
• Direct experience in Security Operations Center work, Network Event Analysis, Threat Analysis, and/or Intelligence Analysis
• Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems)
• Ability to analyze endpoint, network, and application logs
• Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications
• Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision-making skills
• Strong work ethic and commitment to accomplish assigned tasks
• Tenacity & Curiosity
• Splunk search experience
• Scripting experience in Python or Powershell a huge plus
• Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
• GCIA, GCIH, GMON or related certifications
Back to top