Sr. Digital Finance Analyst
T2 is an innovative, creative growth oriented video game company that is looking for a candidate to join our Digital Finance team. We are looking for a bright, articulate results oriented analyst who can become a business/operational partner to our Digital sales, labels and operational groups. We will offer the candidate an opportunity to learn the business from the ground up. You will be asked to provide financial and operational business support in a fast growing Global Digital Business. You will learn and assist our Digital Sales team and Labels and Operational teams by providing value added instruction, financial analysis, around business performance and other business topics on a defined and on an ad hoc basis. You will also be exposed and work closely with our third party Digital Partners for all financial related matters. In addition, we will teach you to provide support to the Royalty Accounting group in the preparation of Third Party Royalty Statements along with monthly analyses of major titles. In addition, you will contribute to making a difference by working with IT to innovate and create reporting requirements to meet the needs of the Digital business as it continues to grow. You will be given exposure and collaborate with Tax and Legal Departments, as necessary.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & ACTIVITIES WILL INLCUDE:
- Learn the digital video game business from a bottom up standpoint
- Perform month end close tasks; review sales orders processed by the Operations team; prepare journal entries for the Digital and Licensing Business.
- Prepare complex third party royalty statements on a timely basis: analyze statements against monthly accruals to ensure appropriateness/reasonableness, investigate and explain unexpected variances, perform reconciliations to resolve problems; generate payments.
- Perform financial analysis over Partner Statements, including price per unit validation against Company Price Sheet and communicate issues identified during these reviews directly with the third party Digital Partners.
- Prepare monthly Revenue by Customer report and other analytics for communication of Digital results to Senior Management.
- Review, evaluate, summarize and conclude on reasonableness of Partner Statement true-ups on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate with Digital Sales Analysts for reporting throughout month, including communication of any revenue adjustments throughout month to ensure the accuracy of the Digital Sales Forecast.
- Coordinate with Accounts Receivable team for review of monthly Digital Partner Accounts Receivable aging and timeliness of collections.
- Coordinate with IT for new Business requests, such as setting up new Business Units, automation of manual Reports and on-boarding of new Partners.
- Collaborate with Digital sales, Operations, Legal, Tax and Revenue Accounting teams for the financial review of new Business
Agreements prior to execution and interpretation of Business transactions and new partner on-boarding.
- Actively participate on all Digital team calls and in meetings related to the on-going and new Digital business including new digital sales initiatives/incentives and digital deals,
- Develop and maintain relationships with a variety of department personnel across all business units (Publishing Studios, Legal, Finance) in order to respond to and resolve royalty accounting related questions and issues.
- Develop a complete understanding and interpret the terms and conditions of license and software development agreements in order to ensure accurate compliance and accounting of contract terms related to contract definitions, royalty and license rates, escalations, caps and recoupable and deductible costs recorded in royalty statements.
WHAT WE NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field and 5 years of related experience.
- Strong analytical experience (actual and forecast results).
- Excellent communications (verbal and written) and cross-functional collaboration.
- Advanced MS Office (Excel, Word) skills; Preferred knowledge of JD Edwards & Hyperion financial management (“HFM”).
- Resourceful, organized, attention to detail, and a problem solver (e.g., in terms of mining data/systems).
- Very personable, works well in a creative and fast paced evolving environment.
- Professional presence/confidence to effectively explain financial results to other Departments outside of Finance.
Back to top