Senior Systems Engineer
- New York, NY
Who We Are:
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher, and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. For more than 25 years, our development teams have built some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful entertainment experiences, captivating and engaging audiences around the world. We are especially proud of our ability to deliver consistently the highest-quality titles, as well as our colleagues who help to cultivate an open culture and work environment that is inclusive, diverse, and dynamic.
While our offices are casual and inviting, we are deeply committed to creativity, innovation and efficiency, and individual and team development opportunities. Our industry and business are continually evolving and fast-paced, providing numerous opportunities to learn and hone your skills. We work hard, but we also like to have fun, and believe that we provide an extraordinary place to come to work every single day to pursue your passions.
The Systems Engineering team is responsible for crafting, building, deploying and maintaining a wide variety of IT infrastructure using the latest standards and technologies.
We are actively looking for a Senior Systems Engineer with a broad range of systems infrastructure related and general purpose programming skills. Our ideal candidate has a rich and diverse technical background, is creative and passionate about IT systems, as well as standardization, optimization, and automation. Furthermore, this candidate will have at least three years of consistent experience architecting, engineering, implementing, and supporting large scale enterprise networks, storage, and system infrastructures to accommodate end-users, developers, and internal/external customers.
Candidates are expected to be aware of industry changes and plan to stay ahead of industry advancements to allow them to help guide the use and implementation of technology standards at Take-Two.
What you will take on:
The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for architecture, engineering, implementing, and supporting large scale enterprise networks, storage, and system infrastructures to accommodate end-users, developers, and internal/external customers..
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead in the design of information and operational support systems
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software, system management tools, and hardware, virtualization, and storage related systems
- Maintain security, backup, offsite replication, and general DR strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time of any task
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of availability for all systems
- Monitor and resolve alerting issues for all infrastructure systems
- Monitor and test system performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and collaborate to implement those fixes
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for team related assets and domains
- Work closely with vendors and other IT personnel to identify and resolve issues with systems and infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience, preferably working in a similar role
- Authoritative with either Windows or Linux (specifically RHEL and Debian variants), including installing, configuring and problem solving issues.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Nutanix)
- Practical networking experience (4 layer model, TCP/IP)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., PowerShell, shell scripts, Python, Perl, Ruby)
- Experience with configuration management solutions (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Development and automation of highly scalable infrastructure in both cloud and on-prem environments using modern infrastructure-as-code principles.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies, dive into challenges and provide direction.
- Capable of written and verbal communication among both technical and non-technical audience
- Demonstrates strong cognitive flexibility (i.e., the ability to have thoughtful opinions loosely held
- Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g., Tomcat, Apache/NGiNX/IIS, databases, etc)
- Experience with software development principles, including version control systems, AGILE development methodologies, and automated CI/CD pipelines
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Enjoy Life. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles - through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. ("T2") is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to crafting and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic - not an individual's race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Back to top