Senior Systems Engineer
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading developer, publisher and marketer of interactive entertainment for consumers around the globe. The Company develops and publishes products principally through its wholly-owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K, as well as its new Private Division label and Social Point, a leading developer of mobile games. Our products are designed for console systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, and are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services.
The role of the Senior Systems Engineer is to support Take-Two Interactive's business needs through the back end configuration, design, development, implementation and support of applications and services.
The successful candidate will maintain and oversee a variety of technologies the team is responsible for and will be the primary point of contact for resolving escalated technical issues.
The Senior Systems Engineer is expected to demonstrate high level technical skills and will need to stay current on advancements in industry and help guide the use and implementation inside of Take-Two.
- Ability to manage the entire technology life cycle, from interpreting needs of the business (known or discovered) through implementation into support.
- Plan detailed requirements for new and changed infrastructure services.
- Provides senior technical troubleshooting incident and problem resolution for Take-Two Interactive's application service offerings.
- Analyzes technical component performance of Take-Two Interactive's application service offerings.
- Monitors, troubleshoots and resolves various internal and cloud hosted technology services.
- Manages confidentiality, availability, and integrity of Take-Two Interactive's intellectual property by regulating Active Directory access rules, enforcing identity governance, and implementing related security policies.
- Provides design input for solution planning and executes solution building.
- Work to improve the automation of the Take-Two infrastructure.
- Participate in technology and product roadmap formulation.
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review.
- Communicate with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages.
- Documentation updating and maintenance for supported systems.
- Mentor more junior Systems Administrators and Engineers, help them improve their skills and coach them through problem resolution.
- Participate in on-call off hour rotation.
- Minimum of 8 years' experience working in a similar role.
- Highly proficient in one or more scripting languages, we primarily use PowerShell and Python
- Experience with REST api
- Experience working with enterprise level storage solutions such as Netapp and Pure storage.
- Experience working with Microsoft technologies such as: Windows Server, Active Directory/Azure, MSSQL, SCCM
- In depth knowledge of LAN and WAN Concepts such as routing, firewall, DHCP, and DNS
- Experience with Virtualization Technologies such as the VMWare, Nutanix suites and associated virtualization tools
- Familiarity with VDI and virtual desktop platforms
- Experience working with Check_MK or another Nagios based monitoring system
- Experience in analyzing and improving systems to gain performance and efficiency
- In depth knowledge of the Linux Operating System
- Technical insight and ability to work both autonomously and closely with various engineering teams.
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies, dive into challenges and provide direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate to a technical and non-technical audience
- Experience working with Confluence
- Experience working with modern technologies such as: docker, terraform, grafana, and kubernetes are a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD environments, DVCS especially using Git, and GitHub
- Comfortable working with a certain degree of creativity and latitude while effectively prioritizing and executing tasks (ability to think outside the box).
Back to top