Senior Accountant, Private Division
- New York, NY
T2 is an innovative, creative growth oriented video game company that is looking for a candidate to join our Consolidations team. We are looking for a bright, articulate, savvy, results oriented accountant who can become a business partner to our Label Finance teams and other departments, while being provided the opportunity to learn the business from the ground up.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager responsible for Private Division and Corporate Overhead, you will be asked to provide accounting support and analysis in a fast growing business environment with multiple releases a year. Each release will have its own unique accounting transactions and allow for collaboration with various departments in the PD label. You will assist our Label Accounting teams with performing complex general accounting functions including the creation and review of monthly journal entries, as well as balance sheet account reconciliations and analyzing balance sheet and P&L accounts. You will also be given the opportunity to make an impact on the Finance/Accounting Operations by assisting with process improvements and automation projects.
- Perform complex general accounting functions including the preparation and review of monthly journal entries, analyses and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Analyze and reconcile balance sheet and P&L accounts
- Review and enhance accounting processes and general ledger reporting capabilities including documenting and maintaining accounting procedures
- Participate in the consolidation process of financial statements
- Ensure all accounting documentation is in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Communicate and collaborate with business operational teams and various groups both within Finance and outside of Finance as appropriate to address day-to-day issues, resolve complex, non-routine, and/or sensitive accounting problems, and propose and negotiate solutions to accounting problems
- Execute special projects as directed
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 3+ years of professional accounting experience working in high volume, fast paced environments
- CPA and/or combination of public and private accounting experience preferred.
- Experience working in Entertainment/Media, Software Technology, or other related fields a plus
- Solid foundation of accounting principles
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with business managers and to develop working relationships with management and staff in all departments
- Proactive and able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment utilizing organizational and team-oriented interpersonal skills to effectively prioritize multiple tasks and handle multiple changing priorities
- Detail-oriented self-starter able to work under minimal supervision and drive tasks or responsibilities to completion, while meeting deadlines
- Experience with using accounting software and resolving system workflow issues a plus
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of JD Edwards ERP and/or Hyperion Financial Management/Hyperion Planning systems a plus
Back to top