- Seattle, WA
Who We Are:
Kerbal Space Program 2 is the much-anticipated sequel to the beloved Kerbal Space Program, the game that launched a thousand aerospace careers. We're extending the game in every possible direction. KSP2 Loves forward into a future of space colonization and next-gen technology, upward to new star systems, and outward in demographic reach. KSP2's gorgeous and beguiling universe combines with a radically improved user experience to attract and foster new players. It also satisfies existing fans' appetites for new challenges. We're also bringing a new social dimension to the game with an all-new multiplayer experience, allowing friends to collaboratively build an interstellar civilization. We believe that by preserving and extending the magic of the original game, a new generation of fans will be given a chance to fall in love with the fearless, ever-curious Kerbals as they explore the cosmos!
Kerbal Space Program 2 offers unique multiplayer challenges, with players exploring a vast series of solar systems at interstellar scales, and across different timelines. As the Multiplayer Engineer on our team, you will be responsible for owning all functionality associated with networking and multiplayer services for our game software. We expect candidates to hold the team to high standards by demonstrating good practices for code reviews, system design, documentation, testing, and quality software implementation. Together, we will collaborate with leadership, and improve tools and processes. We'll collaborate with QA, and deliver software that drives us to shipping a game that our players will love.
What You'll Take On
Working alongside other engineering professionals, you are a clear and streamlined communicator, and a standout colleague. You excel at crafting and writing stable, performant client-server applications. You also optimize user experiences for variable latency and bandwidth network connections. You will evaluate and understand the potential impacts of various service integrations and implementations, and will make evidence-based recommendations on our path forward. In the short term, you'll drive our core multiplayer connectivity to work across all desktop and console platforms. By launch, you will have solved and delivered one of the most ambitious multiplayer experiences for customers, reconciling both time and space while providing a consistent and engaging interaction for all players in a session. Together, we'll make deep contributions to crucial technologies that make our product outstanding, and build our multiplayer platform and expertise for future studio titles.
What You Bring
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- High level of proficiency with C#, C++, or an equivalent OO Language.
- High proficiency with TCP/UDP/IP, Networking Fundamentals, Client-Server systems, and Cloud Services for Gaming.
- Has developed software on at least one shipping game on the Desktop, Xbox, or Playstation platforms.
- Strong communication skills, able to work closely and expertly with a team of peers.
Great to Have:
- Experience with the Unity Game Engine.
- Developed scalable applications on a Major Cloud Service implementation (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Experience with developing for multiple simultaneous game consoles, such as the Xbox and Playstation platforms.
- A passion for space exploration, rocketry, satellites, and related entertainment media.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles - through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks. Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. ("T2") is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic - not an individual's race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Back to top