- London, United Kingdom
Take-Two Interactive is looking for an experienced Corporate Counsel to join their team!
The successful Corporate Counsel will form part of the International Legal team and will be responsible for Take-Two's activities in EMEA and APAC, providing a broad array of legal advice and services with a primary focus on corporate and real estate matters, in addition to other general commercial, regulatory & compliance matters.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advising the business on corporate & M&A transactions, to include reviewing and negotiating head of terms, share purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, disclosure letters, investment agreements and assisting with due diligence investigations on target companies and businesses
- Assisting the business with the incorporation of new companies for the group and assisting with company secretarial matters for Take-Two's international subsidiaries
- Working with external counsel to provide advice on agreements for lease, lease agreements, licences to carry out works, and other agreements relating to Take-Two's international real estate portfolio
- Providing support to the Take-Two group's global compliance team in its role of ensuring regulatory compliance
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts, including services agreements, sales and distribution agreements with retailers, distributors, and platform operators, licence agreements, IT agreements and confidentiality agreements
- Working with the business to ensure regulatory compliance and managing/mitigating risk
- Working with internal business teams, including, Finance, Treasury, Corporate Development, Facilities, Operations, HR and Sales
- Managing and interfacing with outside legal counsel in different international jurisdictions
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- An experienced Corporate Counsel with a strong academic background
- Commercially minded lawyer, qualified in England and Wales, with between 2 - 4 years PQE
- Strong corporate and commercial background, with experience in managing and advising on M&A transactions, and significant experience of drafting and negotiating commercial agreements
- Law firm and in-house candidates will be considered, however in-house experience gained as an employee or seconded within a technology or media business or industry will be advantageous
- Experience gained throughout EMEA highly desirable, as is previous experience of working with US-headquartered businesses
- Must possess keen intellect, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and the ability to influence and interact at all levels of the organisation
- Proactive, organised, self-starter able to handle many legal matters simultaneously
- Must possess good judgement and self-confidence, but also respect for others, and a desire to work as a team member
- Able to translate 'legal-speak' for the business succinctly
- Additional European or other language skills will be advantageous
This is a fantastic time for an experienced Corporate Counsel to join Take-Two, a leading developer, publisher and marketer of interactive entertainment products around the globe. We are pleased to be offering a highly competitive salary and benefits package which includes Private health and Dental care, Life assurance, permanent health insurance, Eye care vouchers, discounts on games, a monthly fitness allowance and much more!
Please be aware that we are excited to be moving from Windsor to brand new offices in Central London towards the end of this year!
Please do therefore only proceed with an application if you would be happy to commute to Central London once we have relocated. Should you wish to receive further information on this please contact Tom.Norris@take2games.com for further information.
Back to top