Assistant Marketing Manager
Private Division is a developer-focused publisher that empowers independent studios to develop the games that they are passionate about creating, while providing the support that they need to make their titles critically and commercially successful on a global scale. Announced as a new division of Take-Two Interactive Software, the label publishes Kerbal Space Program and will publish upcoming titles with renowned creative talent at studios including Obsidian Entertainment, The Outsiders, Panache Digital Games, and V1 Interactive. Private Division is headquartered in New York City with offices in Seattle, Munich, and Las Vegas. This is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial-minded marketing professional to help build a new business backed by one of the best companies in the industry.
The assistant manager will be a part of a growing marketing and communications team, and contribute to the strategic development and go to market executions of Private Division's partner games. We are seeking an experienced marketing member who demonstrates a balance of creativity and data-informed marketing strategies in an agile startup environment.
- Collaborate with our developer partners in developing the marketing and communications strategies for the games.
- Conceptualize and direct marketing creative development across video, digital, print, and social platforms.
- Develop marketing programs that couple outstanding creative with a data-driven focus on ROI.
- Assist in the development of community and social media strategies, with support from the internal and external community teams.
- Assist in the planning for press and convention events in collaboration with our developer partners, communications team, and T2 industry event personnel.
- Seek out, vet, and manage relationships with external freelancers and vendors as needed.
- Support our worldwide offices in the execution of the marketing, community, and social media plans for our games.
- Manage product marketing budgets, including reconciliations and expenditure tracking.
- The developers we work with are valued partners - it is equally important to be responsive and listen, as it is to contribute.
- As we are a startup environment within the organization, we are seeking a professional who will "wear many hats," and assist and contribute to publisher activities outside of the core PR and communication functions.
- Travel, both domestic and international, is required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in marketing, with experience in console and/or PC video games publishing or development.
- Creative approach to both marketing production and problem solving, coupled with the ability to take creative risks.
- Experience in data-driven marketing campaign development, measurement, and optimization.
- Ability to work in a collaborative and transparent method with our partners and uphold our label marketing pledge.
- A deep love and understanding of games and the gaming industry, including both the development and the marketing/PR sides, from AAA releases to independent games.
- Able to win and maintain the respect from outside development teams through thoughtful input, strong work ethic, and perseverance.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to listen, and develop a complete understanding of our partner games and the developers' goals as organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as time and project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, and/or other relevant project management toolset, including learning those used by our developer partners.
- Experience building and managing relationships with freelancers, vendors, and other external resources.
- Expected to identify and then take ownership of any responsibilities and opportunities that present themselves to this growing organization.
- A deep desire to drive and contribute to the creation of a new business initiative.
Meet Some of Take-Two Interactive Software's Employees
Vice President of Marketing—Private Division
Tom oversees partnerships between Take-Two Interactive’s Private Division and independent video game developers, as well as marketing campaigns that bring new video games to market.
Back to top