Sr. Marketing Manager, Canada
- Woodbridge, Canada
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
The Sr. Marketing Manager for Canada is responsible for the Marketing activities of the Taco Bell business, including the development and execution of plans to achieve company’s growth and profit targets. The Sr. Marketing Manager develops and leads a high functioning team to execute brand goals and build Taco Bell as a prominent business in the Canadian market.
- Provide leadership to gain and maintain market share through the development and implementation of appropriate marketing strategies and plans
- Have clear understanding of the need to drive sales and margin to ensure a healthy P&L for our Franchisees to grow
- Supervise the development and implementation of new products in line with brand standards and the company’s strategic plans
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities
- Build a world class Marketing department through day-to-day coaching and mentoring of a team of Marketing professionals.
- Drive a positive, high-performing culture with intentionality and hold others accountable to do the same. Viewed as a cultural role model for others
- Continue to build and execute vision/strategy for the Taco Bell brand in Canada through development of long-term menu vision, Mexican-inspired brand positioning, and overall communication strategy
- Lead the development of all Marketing materials for 6 calendar windows and market tests, which includes development of TV and radio advertising, POP, menu boards, internet, etc.
- Partner with advertising agency to develop creative campaigns to support brand strategy
- Develop and execute new media strategy through partnership with external media agency
- Lead the Taco Bell franchisee national advertising committee to engage franchisees in development of strategies and tactics that will drive brand growth and revitalization
- Own growth mindset with a focus on driving sales growth in every week, period, and year by gathering key stakeholders to execute ongoing analysis of results and adapting programs to ensure improved results
While not their core responsibility, the Sr. Marketing Manager should also understand and engage in the following areas of the business as a brand leader to ensure growth of Taco Bell Canada:
- Familiarize yourself with and understand the Development team’s strategy to establish and grow Taco Bell restaurant presence in Canada
- Consult Development team on goals and objectives to profitably grow in new markets
- Pre-Launch: partner with TB Corporate to oversee market research, menu development, supply chain set up, site finding, and operations training
- Assess development performance and consult Development team on plans for continuous improvement
- Understand marketing impact on operational processes that drive world class operations and customer satisfaction
- Keep brand standards around food quality and food safety top of mind
- Ensure product availability
- Ensure consistent customer experience across all restaurants
- Balance profitability with top-line sales at the restaurant and corporate level
- Oversee capital expenditure and budgets in accordance with company policies and strategy
- Report on actual operating performance versus budget and forecast objectives to business owner and executive team
- Develop and maintain an appropriate organization structure; manage multi-functional team
- Bring Live Mas culture to life throughout organization
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for marketing function and direct reports
- Evaluate employee performance and build people capability
- Influence franchisees to build new stores and develop in new trade areas
- Manage franchisee relationships to enable common marketing calendar
- Consult with franchisees on organizational structure, business model, and restaurant performance
Is This You?
- Strong leadership, coaching, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strategic/broad business thinking skills
- Dynamic, energetic, and positive leader
- Strong influencing skills
- Deep food/retail knowledge
- Adaptable and hands-on work style
- Previous Canadian business and cultural experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (marketing, management, business, finance). MBA preferred
- Canadian citizen, preferred
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex-day Fridays
- Free snacks on-site
- Dry cleaning services
- 3 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays, and every stat holiday weekend is an "extra" long-weekend
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Yearly fitness reimbursement
- Discounts for life’s adventures through Perkopolis
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan with Company matching
- Comprehensive medical/dental including prescription drug benefits and flexible spending accounts
- Recognition based culture that is unique to Taco Bell!
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Back to top