Sr. Analyst, Strategic Development and Analysis
- Irvine, CA
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
Taco Bell’s bold goal is to open over 1,000 more stores in North America over the next 5 years and is looking for a highly motivated individual with demonstrated strength in analytics, problem solving, intellectual curiosity, and relationship management to join as a Sr. Analyst on the Strategic Development and Analysis (SD&A) team, which reports to the COO. The SD&A team is responsible for driving Taco Bell growth and shareholder value via strategic asset and capital management.
The SD&A team is a dynamic point of entry into the Taco Bell organization, often serving as a launching point for various parts of the Taco Bell and Yum businesses. The team consists of a mix of development professionals, recent MBA hires and finance experts. This position is ideal for individuals with high accountability, strong analytical skills, great communication style, a partnership mentality, and comfort turning facts into recommendations. The chief responsibility of the SD&A Sr. Analyst is to support restaurant unit growth for Taco Bell. The individual will be responsible for providing strategic analysis, insights and recommendations on all stages of development investment decision-making, from pipeline management to store opening.
This is a demanding role where the individual will work regularly with partners in other functional areas, developers in the field, and Sr. Development leaders. Therefore, communication skills are critical. The individual must be able to influence cross-functional business partners and effectively provide a point-of-view on complex business issues to team members and senior management from Finance, Real Estate, A&D, Construction, and Operations. Finally, this individual must enjoying having fun and enjoys working in a collaborative team culture!
- Support Equity development by partnering closely with the Development Director and team of Real Estate Managers to analyze, review and present equity sites for capital approval.
- Participate on development site rides to review potential development opportunities and ultimately present recommendations to senior development leaders.
- Evaluate financial impact of development incentive programs and track progress against growth targets.
- Develop strategic tools/programs to drive development with the support of competitive & financial analytics
- Develop insights and report on recent development investments to improve decision making
- Manage $100 million capital budget to ensure strong return strong returns to Yum! and its shareholders
- Create presentations for Taco Bell and YUM! Executive Teams on growth strategy
- Engage with Finance & Operations to understand all ramifications related to development and are incorporated into the plan and forecast
Is This You?
- BA required; analytical degree preferred (e.g., Economics, Mathematics, Engineering)
- Strong internal motivation, intellectual curiosity, logical thinking and desire to have a large impact on our organization
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to partner well with other team members and interface effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrated success influencing diverse customers or stakeholders and leading teams that include non-direct reports in cross-functional settings
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, with ability to succinctly interpret data for executives and frame business issues in a straightforward manner
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to work independently and multi-task in a complex, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment
- Resourceful nature, with strong problem-solving and customer-service orientation
- Experience in financial modeling
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills is a must
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Back to top