Solutions Architect, Loyalty Program
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 400 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Más” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Más Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is looking for a Solution Architect to help lead the technical design and implementation of a new loyalty and omni-channel solution. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Marketing Technoloy within the Digital Innovation department at Taco Bell. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and this position will be at the heart of many large strategic initiatives designed to elevate the customer experience across all of our touchpoints both on-line and off-line.
This position requires a strong background and hands-on experience in designing and developing enterprise-class solutions, w/ a heavy emphasis on AWS Microservices, and ETL architectures to support both real-time and batch-level integrations with various systems including eCommerce, Loyalty, and in-restaurant technology platforms.
As a Taco Bell Solution Architect, you will:
- Serve as the technical lead and owner of Taco Bell’s loyalty solution
- Partner with the business to understand the functional requirements and translate them into an overall solution/technical design
- Coordinate with other platform owners and Taco Bell’s Senior Enterprise Architect on the design and integration of the loyalty solution with other sytems and databases
- Coordinate and help manage vendor partners through the design/development of the loyalty microservices and configuration of a SaaS platform
- Maintain the end-to-end loyalty solution and manage on-going enhancements in support of the solution roadmap
- Work with other key stakeholders (e.g., legal, security, etc.) to ensure the solution meets all security and privacy requirements
- Participate in new digital initiatives as the loyalty solution subject matter expert
Is This You?
- 7-10 years of experience in software/architecture design, development & delivery
- 3+ years experience designing/implementing microservices architectures in the cloud
- Ability to translate complex business processes and functional requirements into a technical solution design, architecture and data flows
- Experience with highly scalable, low-latency, resilient, event-driven, microservices solutions, based on a deep knowledge of AWS cloud offerings (e.g., Multi-AZ/Region design, API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, HTTP JSON Restful API design)
- Strong application development methodology understanding and best practices
- Experience defining unit and integration test scenarios in accordance with system requirements and business process changes
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate complex technical solutions to non-technical team members
- Comfortable working in a fast, highly collaborative, agile environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and relevant work experience
- Relevant industry experience in retail/hospitality/QSR and familiarity with restaurant technology (POS, Kiosks, Payment Devices) is preferred
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year round half-day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, salon services
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
Back to top