Senior Manager, Consumer Insights
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is seeking an inspiring and collaborative leader to serve as the Senior Manager, Consumer Insights, reporting to the Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing and Insights Lab. The Sr. Manager will provide information that drives, inspires, and influences decision making that propels the Taco Bell business forward.
The successful candidate will have proven success in designing, executing, managing, and leveraging actionable consumer research leveraging industry-leading tools, innovative techniques, and advanced methodologies.
A key success factor will be the proven ability to help shape and deliver on a consumer-centric vision while managing outside research companies and brand tracking on an ongoing basis. The Sr. Manager will be an influential leader of people, projects, and cross functional partnerships.
The Sr. Manager will be a strong critical thinker, collaborator, and innovator who can effectively drive results in a matrixed organization, and who can deliver clarity and direction from an often ambiguous and complex consumer space. They will be comfortable with statistical data, but also someone who is on trend, pays attention to the zeitgeist and realizes that sometimes you’ve got to go with your gut.
- Align the Consumer Insights department’s focus and efforts with the organization’s broader goals and strategies, playing an active role in strategic decision-making and thought leadership
- Reimagine the next iteration of the Insights function at Taco Bell
- Think and act with a broader business lens, delivering actionable consumer insights to inspire growth across the organization
- Infuse consumer centricity into every aspect of the organization
- Ensure Consumer Insights department is known and valued for subject matter expertise, insatiable curiosity, creativity and innovation, objectivity, actionable storytelling, technical excellence, business acumen, strategic mindset, thought leadership, and a passion for change
- Effectively balance Consumer Insight’s internal research and analytical capabilities with usage of external vendors and consultants, to efficiently deliver best practice and optimal business outcomes
- Present insights and recommendations to project partners, and leadership as needed
- Contribute to a culture of innovation by finding new and better ways of doing things: identify, create and employ innovative research approaches
- Act as the day-to-day voice of the consumer in business dialogue for cross-functional team members
Is This You?
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10-15 years progressive leadership experience in consumer insight, research, strategy, planning or consulting
- Demonstrated ability to build trust, effectively build partnerships and influence stakeholders and decision making at all levels of a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated ability to integrate multiple data sources (including primary and secondary research, social media) into clear, actionable insights and stories
- Proven advanced working knowledge of consumer research and analytical techniques, tools, software, and industry developments and their application to business challenges and opportunities
- Demonstrated excellent leadership skills with the ability to turn vision into action, motivate others to achieve goals, and follow through on decisions
- Demonstrated ability to get beyond the present and understand long term trends, tell an insightful story about future consumers, and identify opportunities for growth
- Demonstrated creative and analytical thinking
- Experience at a consumer facing e-commerce brand, retailer and/or CPG brand a plus
- Experience in data management and analysis – connecting the dots to get at powerful, rich insights
- Navigating through ambiguity and a fast-paced work environment
- Track record of working with vendors and agencies in the development of positioning and other consumer communications
- Ability to work with marketing project teams and leadership to identify business issues and provide relevant insights that make an impact to business plans
- Able to translate information across multiple sources into clear, concise, and actionable insight
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- On-site child care
- On-site gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- On-site dining center & lounge (yes, there is a Taco Bell Restaurant inside the building)
- Free snacks, soda, coffee and more
- Bagel & Donut Fridays
- Game room w/ Sports Memorabilia
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry services
- On-site carwash
- On-site salon services, including: massages, hair, nails, chiropractic and waxing treatments
- Year round half-day Fridays
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Virgin Pulse (exercise incentive program)
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Favorable Family Leave Act support and Adoption Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing & Insights Lab
As head of the Brand Marketing and Insights Lab Team, Melissa's role encompasses two major components—mining through culture and trends in addition to developing new products and menu items—in order to engage consumers with the Taco Bell brand.
Back to top