Senior Data Engineer
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to add to our dynamic and rapidly scaling Business Intelligence team. We are laying the foundation to unlock the “restaurant of the future” using data and analytics – starting with a data migration from our legacy on-premise data systems into the cloud, and paving the way for omni-channel, Customer-360 programs. Join us on our journey of innovation through technology enablement!
- Develop and maintain and data models and structural requirements by analyzing Taco Bell operations, applications, reports, future projects, etc.
- Innovate new data solutions by designing systems using Amazon Web Services – such as database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up and recovery specifications, etc.
- Lead technical teams and projects to deliver projects and accomplish business and IT objectives.
- Build and maintain data integration utilities, data scheduling and monitoring capabilities, and source-to-target mappings and data lineage trees.
- Implement and manage production support processes around data ingestion, transformation, coding utilities, storage, reporting, and other data integration points.
- Maintain system performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; performing routine maintenance; answering user questions.
Is This You?
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in a data engineer / architect role. Must be able to architect and develop data models using a variety of modeling techniques (star, snowflake, etc.).
- Prior experience building data platforms or applications using Amazon Web Services. AWS Architect / Developer / Dev Ops Certifications are a plus.
- Development experience with Enterprise Data Integration / ETL Software – IBM Datastage and/or Talend preferred.
- Experience using or developing on BI reporting tools, specifically MicroStrategy and Tableau.
- Proficiency with SQL and PostgreSQL database systems.
- Must be have a team-oriented, positive and “default to yes” attitude.
- Must be comfortable getting “hands on” in addition to leading technical teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- On-site child care
- On-site gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- On-site dining center & lounge (yes, there is a Taco Bell Restaurant inside the building)
- Free snacks, soda, coffee and more
- Bagel & Donut Fridays
- Game room w/ Sports Memorabilia
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry services
- On-site carwash
- On-site salon services, including: massages, hair, nails, chiropractic and waxing treatments
- Year round half-day Fridays
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Virgin Pulse (exercise incentive program)
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Favorable Family Leave Act support and Adoption Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing & Insights Lab
As head of the Brand Marketing and Insights Lab Team, Melissa's role encompasses two major components—mining through culture and trends in addition to developing new products and menu items—in order to engage consumers with the Taco Bell brand.
Back to top