Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is excited to offer a qualified candidate a tremendous opportunity to join our team of highly motivated Quality and Food Safety professionals in a fast paced and innovative environment, working together to drive ingredient supply chain excellence and to ensure “Trust in Every Bite”. This role will work closely with suppliers across multiple ingredient categories, and will influence and collaborate with multiple partners including Product Development, Commercialization, Purchasing, Distribution, Restaurant Excellence, Franchisees, Sister Brands (Pizza Hut & KFC), Finance, and Leadership team.
Equally important to the job role and responsibilities is making sure all qualified candidates are a good fit in the amazing Live Mas! Culture that is Taco Bell! At Taco Bell, we embrace breakthrough thinking and innovative ideas that continue to differentiate us from our competitors. We have a maniacal focus on our customers, never follow, and always celebrate the accomplishments of our people. If you are that diamond in the rough, we would love to meet with you.
- Monitor performance of current suppliers to identify quality and food safety improvement needs including risk identification and mitigation; establish measurable performance goals and drives continuous improvement.
- Conduct Quality, Food Safety, and Process reviews/audits and product cuttings to ensure supplier performance meets Taco Bell requirements.
- Maintain specifications ensuring accuracy, completeness, and meeting product design requirements.
- Support developing/expanding of new and existing facilities and lines as required for successful growth
- Food Safety & Quality resource to the Restaurant Excellence team
Is This You?
- Minimum B.S. in Science: Food Science (desirable), Chemistry, Microbiology, Animal Science, Agriculture Food Engineering.
- 4+ years experience in Quality Assurance and Food Safety in manufacturing high risk ingredients (e.g. meats, proteins, produce). Strong background in sanitation desirable.
- Food Safety and Quality system auditing experience.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Able to travel to support needs of the business
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- On-site child care
- On-site gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- On-site dining center & lounge (yes, there is a Taco Bell Restaurant inside the building)
- Free snacks, soda, coffee and more
- Bagel & Donut Fridays
- Game room w/ Sports Memorabilia
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry services
- On-site carwash
- On-site salon services, including: massages, hair, nails, chiropractic and waxing treatments
- Year round half-day Fridays
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Virgin Pulse (exercise incentive program)
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Favorable Family Leave Act support and Adoption Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing & Insights Lab
As head of the Brand Marketing and Insights Lab Team, Melissa's role encompasses two major components—mining through culture and trends in addition to developing new products and menu items—in order to engage consumers with the Taco Bell brand.
Back to top