Quality Assurance Internship
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About the Job:
The Taco Bell Food Innovation Team (FIT) Team is seeking the most capable and inspiring talent. We need the hungriest individuals who can contribute their unique personalities, talents, and perspectives to bring Más Flavor to our organization. The intern projects and day-to-day job duties will be in support of our Quality Assurance Food Safety team.
- Supporting the Quality Assurance Food Safety team in the day to day operations
- Handle restaurant support emergency escalations
- Pull data from databases that hold Food Safety metrics
- Proficient in creating Excel pivot tables, graphs/charts, and the ability to do statistical analysis
- Must be able to communicate in a clear manner to Taco Bell leadership through emails or presentations
- Provide periodic reports or summaries to Quality Assurance management/leadership
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Is This You?
- A passion for Taco Bell and a passion to pursue the QA arena
- Currently enrolled in a higher education institution pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry or a recent college graduate
- Strong verbal, analytical and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and organization skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of the entire Microsoft Office Suite
- Prioritizes work, demonstrated problem-solving ability, strong detail orientation, and managing information
The right talent will leverage their education and previous work experience to make significant contributions to the QA team and cross-functional projects, focused improvements of ingredients, food safety, or quality assurance. In return, you will gain valuable, practical laboratory and QA experience from a leading, highly relevant brand.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- On-site child care
- On-site gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- On-site dining center & lounge (yes, there is a Taco Bell Restaurant inside the building)
- Free snacks, soda, coffee and more
- Bagel & donut Fridays
- Game room w/ Sports Memorabilia
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry services
- On-site carwash
- On-site salon services, including: massages, hair, nails, chiropractic and waxing treatments
- Year round half-day Fridays
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: Disneyland, Air Fare, T-Mobile, etc.)
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing & Insights Lab
As head of the Brand Marketing and Insights Lab Team, Melissa's role encompasses two major components—mining through culture and trends in addition to developing new products and menu items—in order to engage consumers with the Taco Bell brand.
Back to top