Project Manager - Front Of House Technologies
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About the Job:
The Project Manager – Front Of House Technologies leads and manages projects and releases to include scope management, schedule, resources, and budget while actively mitigating risks and managing issues to ensure the project or release is delivered successfully. As a key team member on the Front-of-House Technology team, you will be part of the exciting deployment of innovative technologies that will support Taco Bell’s business goals and aggressive growth plan.
Equally important to the job role and responsibilities is making sure all qualified candidates are a good fit to the amazing Live Mas! Culture that is Taco Bell! At Taco Bell, we embrace breakthrough thinking and innovative ideas that continue to differentiate us from our competitors. We have a maniacal focus on our customers, never follow, and always celebrate the accomplishments of our people. If you are that diamond in the rough, we would love to meet with you.
- Manage complex technology projects, including our delivery of monthly changes/releases to our in restaurant POS Platforms, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Drive high-touch execution of development, testing and rollout for all releases including managing regular communications before and after each release.
- Continuous demand management for FOH Technology resources.
- Manage and align team of project managers all supporting Front Of House projects
- Build strong partnerships with external vendors to ensure project delivery success and exceeding the expectations of internal business partners.
- Create, communicate, and manage detailed project plans that span across multiple partners and stakeholders internally and externally.
- Lead work estimation processes with external partners while managing dependencies, resource capacity, and schedule.
- Overall project management oversight of projects which includes: initiation, scheduling, estimating, forecasting, demand and capacity planning, control, and successful project delivery.
- Organize and drive day-to-day progress of project(s) and release initiatives with regard to schedule, budget, scope and quality
- Build cross-functional partnerships to ensure that projects comply with architectural, security, and testing standards and established methodologies.
- Actively address risk, issues; and mitigation efforts as they relate to the project.
- Active involvement and influence in building out project management capabilities by participating in establishing standard tools and best practices that can be used across projects.
- Contribute to building a high-performance culture and a sense of camaraderie within the Front of House cross functional team.
Is This You?
- 5-7 years of program/project management with experience leading delivery of large, complex solutions
- Experience leading delivery and innovation on a Product, Platform, and/or Service with a continuous release mindset
- BA/BS degree, MBA a plus
- Knowledge of SDLC, project management methodologies, concepts, practices, procedures and standards
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Positive, flexible, and self-motivated attitude
- Strong analytical and problem solving skill
- Excellent and pro-active verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Solutions oriented and able to make independent decisions
- Demonstrated proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite of applications and Project Collaboration tools
- Experience in Quick Service Restaurant (QSR), retail, and/or multiunit chain/franchise environment a plus
- Experience in retail / QSR Point Of Sale space including payment systems is a big plus
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- On-site child care
- On-site gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- On-site dining center & lounge (yes, there is a Taco Bell Restaurant inside the building)
- Free snacks, soda, coffee and more
- Bagel & Donut Fridays
- Game room w/ Sports Memorabilia
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry services
- On-site carwash
- On-site salon services, including: massages, hair, nails, chiropractic and waxing treatments
- Year round half-day Fridays
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Virgin Pulse (exercise incentive program)
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Favorable Family Leave Act support and Adoption Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing & Insights Lab
As head of the Brand Marketing and Insights Lab Team, Melissa's role encompasses two major components—mining through culture and trends in addition to developing new products and menu items—in order to engage consumers with the Taco Bell brand.
Back to top