Project Lead, Urban & New Concept Development
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is looking for a self-starter with a passion for optimizing processes that will propel Taco Bell in leveraging its Urban and New Concept development strategy to help it achieve its aggressive sales growth goals over the next 5 years. This individual will possess a blend of creativity and discipline to enhance and optimize the opening process for Taco Bell’s newest building concepts… doing so will also take a blend of remote and hands-on interaction with these restaurant teams and partners involved in preparing for and opening new restaurants. In addition to Operations, this unique role will touch nearly all disciplines across the organization including, Development, Marketing, Food Innovation, Technology, & Finance.
As a key member of the Restaurant Excellence team (within Operations), this individual will lead efforts to develop and refine processes that ensure more successful openings of Urban and New Concept restaurants. A few examples of how this will be accomplished are:
- Provide both remote and hands-on support to Field teams in prep and during opening of new restaurants (travel required)
- Provide feedback to internal teams as the voice of the restaurant teams
- Influence internal teams to ensure designs & decisions optimize operational success
- Assess, refine, and develop improved processes based both on personal experience and new learnings/feedback
Is This You?
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years relevant work experience (e.g., Operations/Project Management and/or Restaurant Experience)
- Intellectually curious, self-starter
- Process-driven mindset with a blend of creativity for developing new or improving processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to partner well with other team members and interface effectively with all levels of management
- Desire and ability to interact at the restaurant team member level to extract feedback and insights that others may leave unnoticed
- Demonstrated success influencing diverse customers or stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to work independently and multi-task in a complex, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment
- Willingness to travel between new restaurant locations and Irvine headquarters.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- On-site child care
- On-site gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- On-site dining center & lounge (yes, there is a Taco Bell Restaurant inside the building)
- Free snacks, soda, coffee and more
- Bagel & Donut Fridays
- Game room w/ Sports Memorabilia
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry services
- On-site carwash
- On-site salon services, including: massages, hair, nails, chiropractic and waxing treatments
- Year round half-day Fridays
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Virgin Pulse (exercise incentive program)
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Favorable Family Leave Act support and Adoption Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing & Insights Lab
As head of the Brand Marketing and Insights Lab Team, Melissa's role encompasses two major components—mining through culture and trends in addition to developing new products and menu items—in order to engage consumers with the Taco Bell brand.
Back to top