Manager, Franchise Finance
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 400 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Más” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Más Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is constantly looking to invest strategically to grow its business. With over 90% of Taco Bell restaurants owned by Franchisees, the Franchise Finance team’s chief responsibility is to work closely with Franchisees to understand their financial health and their capacity to invest in new development, asset upgrades, and Brand mandates. Through detailed financial statement analyses, the team approves new franchise development and transfers. In addition, the manager will be responsible for maintaining lender relationships to ensure capital is available to the Franchise system.
This position is ideal for individuals with high accountability, strong analytical skills, great communication style, a partnership mentality, and comfort turning facts into recommendations. The individual must be able to influence cross-functional business partners and effectively provide the Finance point-of-view on complex business issues to senior management, team members and Franchisees. Finally, the manager will be responsible for growing and developing 3 associate managers to build bench for other finance roles.
As the manager of the Franchise Finance team, this individual will provide financial analysis and support in a variety of ways:
- Franchise Financial Health
- Financial statement/ratio analysis
- Growth approval for new development and transfers
- Financial obligations/receivables/defaults/terminations
- Franchise audits
- Re-franchising Strategy
- Determine and value potential units to sell
- Estimate P&L and shareholder value impact
- Cross-functional collaboration with M&A, Development, Operations and Legal
- Evaluate opportunities for Franchise store buybacks through in-depth valuation
- Manage the execution/integration of store repurchase into the corporate portfolio
- Asset Strategy
- Franchisee asset/re-investment strategy – Pacing and Sequencing
- Establish and maintain lender relationships to ensure capital access to the Franchise system
- Identify alternative financing options for the Franchise system to leverage
Is This You?
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus
- 5+ years relevant work experience (e.g., Financial Reporting & Analysis, Business Operations, Corporate Finance, Consulting)
- Strong internal motivation, intellectual curiosity, logical thinking and ability to identify and leverage best practices
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication/presentation skills, with ability to partner well with other team members and interface effectively with all levels of management
- Demonstrated success influencing diverse customers or stakeholders and leading teams in cross-functional settings
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, with ability to succinctly interpret data for executives and frame business issues in a straightforward manner
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to work independently and multi-task in a complex, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment
- Strong team building/managerial experience is preferred
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year round half-day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, salon services
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing & Insights Lab
As head of the Brand Marketing and Insights Lab Team, Melissa's role encompasses two major components—mining through culture and trends in addition to developing new products and menu items—in order to engage consumers with the Taco Bell brand.
Back to top