Manager, Food Innovation
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About the Job:
Reporting to the Supply Chain Leader for Europe, this role will lead both calendar driven New Product Development for the European Market, as well as technical research and development initiatives with our ingredient supplier base, aimed at ingredient expansion and improvement, including the development of new technologies where appropriate. It will also supervise all aspects of running a dynamic kitchen and equipment laboratory.
- Responsible for overseeing evaluations and development for all new products in European Franchise Market, as well as product/menu extensions and improvements and development of new technologies in line with YUM global objectives
- Maintain full communication and cooperation between Taco Bell International Marketing, Supply chain, R&D and supplier base to provide optimum project results
- Partner with suppliers to deliver against new product development briefs and any ingredient continuous improvement focused projects
- Take ownership of ingredient / specification database and management of nutritional / allergen information, supporting marketing with any required technical backup
- Build internal and external network to remain up to date with market food trends and internal innovation products and projects. Be a pro-active member of the Taco Bell Intl R&D/NPD community
- Provide internal consultation resource for ingredient supplier production problem solving issues such as profit improvement projects, processing problems, efficiency improvement and product/process start-up and tests
- Provide inputs on projects, capital, equipment and personnel requirements including researching, interviewing, selection, training, and installation
- Partner with Supply Chain to develop, coordinate and execute ingredient sourcing strategies for each new market based on detailed analysis of trade and local constraints (supplier capability, logistics & distribution)
- Partner with Supply Chain to develop financials to support concept profitability (pre-market, short & medium term impacts) and with Operations, Training and Marketing to effectively manage new product launch process in restaurants
Is This You?
- Degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Food Processing, Quality Assurance, Biological Sciences or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years experience in a food manufacturing environment, and/or experience in product/menu development for fast food or casual restaurants
- Experience in Manufacturing Food Ingredients in any/all of the following categories: Meats, Dairy, Sauces & Seasoning, Produce, Breads.
- Experience in Food laboratory, and/or pilot plant and/or manufacturing environment
- Ability to strategize and set vision, excellent analytical & problem resolution skills
- Working knowledge with MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Effective organizational skills and time management skills; balance multiple priorities successfully
- Excellent commercial skills - able to disseminate information, identify themes, patterns and trends and conceive systems, tools and processes which drive revenues
- Ability to impact & influence stakeholders - have productive conflict at a high level to drive desired outcomes. Confidence and presence to interact with franchisees
- Emotional Intelligence - high levels of self-awareness, the ability to flex communication style to target audience and emotional resilience
- Ability to travel including overnight stays and consecutive days away
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Global Marketing Manager
Billy’s job involves traveling the world to understand new cultures—all to make sure that Taco Bell is branded in a way that’s culturally relevant in diverse markets all around the globe.
Back to top