Manager, BI Production Services
- Irvine, CA
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
We are seeking a data ops manager who will partner with our IT partners to maintain Taco Bells BI environment. You will be responsible for the day to day operations working with our IT partners to ensure data is available on time and quality.
- Building, developing, and mentoring the BI Production Support & Governance team to provide exceptional data governance, service, and solutions to RSC and Field users.
- Production support including production defect resolution within reporting, ETL, 3rd party integrations, EDW, and master data.
- Establish and maintain BI Production Support standards including the company wide use of Taco Bells ticketing system
- Establishing and maintaining documentation for all BI solutions, technical and end user. •
- Providing L3 support
- Leading the BI production support process for reporting, evaluating, resolving incidents by creating baselines and goals for production support analysts.
- Improving delivered business value over time by continuing to refine the process. Mentor team members to elevate their performance and experience.
- Build strong relationships with cross functional stakeholders and build/update data solutions to support stakeholder and project objectives.
- Manage relationships with vendors and negotiate BI contracts.
- Manage team members who provide off hours support for the enterprise data warehouse;
- Provide technical direction, guidance and escalation related to incidents/problem management.
- Ensure release packages are implemented with complete information and support the maintenance as part of the System Development Life Cycle
- Coordinate all production implementation efforts in Staging, Operational Data Store and Data Warehouse between team members, IT support teams and business partners.
- Responsible for all change control, system compliance and system audit reviews.
- Ensure data integrity and interface processes follow Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing best practices
- Support ad-hoc requests as requested by management and business partners
- Manage application upgrades by applying hot fixes and version releases on regular
Is This You?
- 5+ of experience working with Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse concepts and principles
- 5+ experience in supporting BI Production support processes including ETL data loads
- 5+ years of experience to manage, define and support production operational processes based on ETL data loads tools, performance monitoring, security access, troubleshooting, operational issues/processes and implementations.
- Experience in ETL tools, AWS Tech Stack – Redshift, Glue, EMR, Redshift Spectrum
- Ability to run queries to troubleshoot, create reports / presentations and provide system analysis skills
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, salon services
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Back to top