Management Supervisor, In-House Creative Agency
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About the Job:
Taco Bell Design, or TBD, is at the heart of the brand as our award-winning in-house creative agency. Our renegade crew of artists, designers, copywriters and account managers live and breathe the Live Más ethos and are connected directly to the design, brand and marketing work that Taco Bell delivers to the world. We strive to make our fans love tacos as much as we do and engage them with the brand in new, bold and innovative ways.
We are looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial and strategic marketer to play a key role in defining Taco Bell’s brand experience nationwide. A successful Management Supervisor will have a keen understanding of how marketing strategy can be expressed in breakthrough creative, experience guiding the creative process, and the ability to gain alignment with cross functional senior and executive stakeholders. The ideal candidate also has experience working for iconic brands, a passion for the consumer, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced business environment.
- Serve as a strategic representative for Taco Bell Design in a team of cross functional partners to execute menu, merchandising, packaging, retail and media strategies
- Oversee TBD’s account management team to ensure successful development and delivery of all projects, and provide ongoing individual coaching and mentorship.
- Report to and work closely with the Account Director to manage TBD’s scope of work and staffing plan, identify professional development opportunities and provide recommendations to transform/improve internal processes.
- Partner with TBD’s Creative Director to present breakthrough creative work, and lead the process of gaining strategic and creative alignment with senior internal stakeholders on key projects.
- Lead the future of Taco Bell’s digital menuboard strategy, testing plans, creative development and execution.
- Seek out and lead new opportunities that enable TBD to expand its capabilities.
- Champion TBD’s culture of creativity, collaboration and openness. Inspire the team to embrace challenges and new ways of thinking.
Is This You?
- 7-10 years relevant industry experience.
- BA or BS Degree in a related field preferred.
- Experience in an agency environment, leading accounts for Fortune 500 clients.
- Understanding of laser-focused marketing strategies and business operations.
- Well versed in integrated marketing campaigns, including TV, print, digital and social. Category or related industry experience is preferred.
- Experience with digital creative design, development and execution is required. Knowledge of basic web design and/or web development is preferred.
- Previous examples of team management and mentorship.
- Effective communication skills, both written and presentation.
- Superb time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work and collaborate with a cross-functional team on a daily basis.
- An entrepreneurial and proactive mindset, oriented towards creative problem solving.
- A positive and awesome collaborative attitude with a ‘work hard, play hard’ mentality.
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- On-site child care
- On-site gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- On-site dining center & lounge (yes, there is a Taco Bell Restaurant inside the building)
- Free snacks, soda, coffee and more
- Bagel & Donut Fridays
- Game room w/ Sports Memorabilia
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry services
- On-site carwash
- On-site salon services, including: massages, hair, nails, chiropractic and waxing treatments
- Year round half-day Fridays
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Virgin Pulse (exercise incentive program)
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Favorable Family Leave Act support and Adoption Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing & Insights Lab
As head of the Brand Marketing and Insights Lab Team, Melissa's role encompasses two major components—mining through culture and trends in addition to developing new products and menu items—in order to engage consumers with the Taco Bell brand.
Back to top