Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is looking to hire an experienced transactional attorney as Director, Transactions. This position is accountable for successfully structuring and negotiating complex transactions to enable strategic business growth. Working closely with every business unit of the company, this position requires flawless execution of contracting processes and development of innovative, practical business solutions. This position also requires leadership, with clients and team members, to consistently model the Taco Bell Live Mas Culture.
- Prepare, review, and negotiate complex agreements including software licensing, co-marketing, strategic alliances, professional and hosted services, market research, product and equipment development, and technology and marketing products and services contracts
- Provide legal guidance to and partner with clients on a wide-range of issues to ensure achievement of business objectives while minimizing legal risks and liability
- Counsel clients on intellectual property matters in contracts and work with clients and department peers to develop solutions to IP challenges that provide a competitive advantage to the brand
- Design & enhance operational procedures for sourcing and contracting, including developing, maintaining and refreshing the company’s supply chain and vendor contract templates, as well as the company’s corporate policies and processes that impact vendor operations
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Finance and IT partners to develop innovative and practical solutions to business challenges and to create industry-leading vendor relationships
- Effectively communicate to help drive alignment with clients and other business partners
- Confidently present challenges, results and recommendations to Senior Leadership, company stakeholders and internal clients with clarity and ease
Is This You?
- Capability to (i) lead a team immediately, (ii) eventually assume a higher leadership role in the Taco Bell or another Yum! Brands, Inc., Law Department reporting directly to a Brand General Counsel, and (iii) one day assume a Brand General Counsel role
- Juris Doctorate degree or equivalent required
- Minimum of 7-12 years of transactional law experience; relevant in-house experience required
- Experience structuring and negotiating technology and IP license agreements strongly preferred
- Experience in restaurant or retail industries preferred
- Preferred functional experience includes IP licensing and protection, privacy and security, complex contracts drafting and negotiations, RFP/RFQ review, and product development agreements
- Licensed member in good standing of a State Bar, with strong preference for admission to the California State Bar
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with all levels of the organization including management, peers, and customers
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion
- Strong problem solving skills with an analytical and business savvy approach
- Must be a team player with the ability to adapt in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- On-site child care
- On-site gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- On-site dining center & lounge (yes, there is a Taco Bell Restaurant inside the building)
- Free snacks, soda, coffee and more
- Bagel & Donut Fridays
- Game room w/ Sports Memorabilia
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry services
- On-site carwash
- On-site salon services, including: massages, hair, nails, chiropractic and waxing treatments
- Year round half-day Fridays
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Virgin Pulse (exercise incentive program)
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Favorable Family Leave Act support and Adoption Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing & Insights Lab
As head of the Brand Marketing and Insights Lab Team, Melissa's role encompasses two major components—mining through culture and trends in addition to developing new products and menu items—in order to engage consumers with the Taco Bell brand.
Back to top