Taco Bell is instituting a COVID-19 vaccination mandate for health and safety reasons. Effective January 3, 2022, Taco Bell requires that corporate employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is excited to offer a highly qualified candidate with a tremendous opportunity to help shape our consumer digital experiences and drive innovation. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Sr. UI/UX designer with a strong understanding of building brand and online shopping across multiple platforms (desktop, tablet and mobile).
Equally important to the job role and responsibilities is making sure all qualified candidates are a good fit to the amazing Live Mas! culture that is Taco Bell! At Taco Bell, we embrace breakthrough thinking and innovative ideas that continue to differentiate us from our competitors. We have a maniacal focus on our customers, never follow, and always celebrate the accomplishments of our people. If you are that diamond in the rough, we would love to meet with you.
- Partner with lead designers to translate high level concepts into customer-centric experiences that reduce ordering friction, build brand affinity and grow digital sales
- Closely collaborate with key partners and stakeholders throughout the design and development process (design, development, product, marketing, operations etc.)
- Conceptualize and craft artifacts to effectively communicate UX solutions (flows, wireframes, prototypes, interaction animations)
- Visualize and design user interface look and feel (overall visual design, screens layouts, graphics etc.)
- Rapidly iterate on design solutions while gathering feedback from design leads and other project partners
- Lead the creation of detailed design documentation to clearly communicate optimal experience functionality to development partners
- Provide design support to developers & QA to ensure proper feature implementation
Is This You?
- 3-5 years of professional experience in digital visual design and/or user experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating user-centered design solutions for both UX and UI across mobile & desktop devices
- Proven design range across UX, visual design
- Expert visual design skills with excellent understanding of layout design, typography, color theory, composition, and iconography
- Ability to rapidly create highly polished digital visual designs
- Proficiency in a variety of digital design applications including Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects), Protopie, Principle, Zeplin etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of iOS, Android & web specific design patterns and best practices with proven experience designing and shipping mobile products
- Excellent problem solving and analytics skills with a proven ability to understand and apply customer data to design solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and exceed quality standards in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Proactive self-starter who thrives ina collaborative work environment, demonstrating strong communication, presentation and overall interpersonal abilities
- Operates with a positive attitude and growth mindset, unafraid to challenge the status quo or receive constructive coaching and feedback
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, Booster gas delivery
- Onsite gym with fitness classes
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.