Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10
About the Role
Taco Bell is excited to offer a highly qualified candidate with a tremendous opportunity to configure, develop digital consumer experiences and drive innovation based on our Hybris eCommerce platform.
Equally important to the job role and responsibilities is making sure all qualified candidates are a good fit to the amazing Live Más! culture that is Taco Bell! At Taco Bell, we embrace breakthrough thinking and innovative ideas that continue to differentiate us from our competitors. We have a maniacal focus on our customers, never follow, and always celebrate the accomplishments of our people. If you are that diamond in the rough, we would love to meet with you.
- Develop new features to improve consumer experiences and sales.
- Resolve defects and update system documentation.
- Provide production support including troubleshooting and resolving technical issues and defects.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure compliance with development standards and best practices.
- Assist in scoping and estimating for programming tasks and implementation plans.
- Recommend technical direction including software and application standards.
- Evaluate new Hybris modules/extensions or other application technologies for potential use.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Hybris version and provide upgrade recommendations.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Hybris development and 3-5 years of experience in technical roles
- Minimum 3+ years Java and web development
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field, and equivalent work experience
- Extremely strong understanding of core Hybris module’s out-of-the-box functionality (multichannel architecture, data modeling, data exchange/integration, custom extension development, etc.)
- Must have experience integrating Hybris with 3rd party systems
- Design/implement web services (REST/SOAP)
- Ability to develop secure applications (OWASP Top 10, PCI, PII)
- Experience with MySQL database tuning
- Ability to troubleshoot java cores, heap dumps, and all Hybris Server logs to determine root cause of issues
- Strong understanding of tracing facilities and be able to use them to isolate issues
- Experience in creating proof of concepts in Hybris
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (compute, storage, database, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of Linux
- Ability to develop efficiently on scrum team (Agile development)
- Experience with Android and iOS (Swift) mobile development
- Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Build Automation (Jenkins, maven)
- DevOps (CloudFormation, Ansible, CI/CD)
- QSR/Fast Casual/Restaurant Industry Experience preferred
- Experience implementing eCommerce with in-store pickup
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- On-site child care
- On-site gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- On-site dining center & lounge (yes, there is a Taco Bell Restaurant inside the building)
- Free snacks, soda, coffee and more
- Bagel & Donut Fridays
- Game room w/ Sports Memorabilia
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry services
- On-site carwash
- On-site salon services, including: massages, hair, nails, chiropractic and waxing treatments
- Year round half-day Fridays
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Virgin Pulse (exercise incentive program)
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Favorable Family Leave Act support and Adoption Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing & Insights Lab
As head of the Brand Marketing and Insights Lab Team, Melissa's role encompasses two major components—mining through culture and trends in addition to developing new products and menu items—in order to engage consumers with the Taco Bell brand.
Back to top