Head of Retail Experience
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10
About the Job:
At Taco Bell, we aren’t just looking for candidates. We are looking for dynamic, visionary problem-solvers that have a passion for innovation and the ability to lead cross-functional teams of associates across multiple disciplines.
As part of Taco Bell’s Restaurant Experience team, you will lead the retail and licensing (i.e. apparel/merchandise) growth layer. Delivering on the vision of being a culture-centric lifestyle brand by extending Taco Bell beyond the restaurant experience and weaving it into the lifestyle of our consumer. Main responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute a 360 Retail Growth Layer/Business Model from inception to retail execution and ongoing support/design
- Managing external Licensing Companies/Brands, Production/Distribution Partners, Agencies and Co-lab Partnerships
- You will work cross-functionally with associates across the company, and will have immediate responsibility and accountability. Candidates should have experience in merchandising and sourcing for apparel, licensing and design. In addition to an understanding of our dynamic consumer, a love of marketing, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced business environment. We’re looking for strong, team-oriented leaders that are a fit with our dynamic recognition culture and want to “Live Más!”
- Works closely with cross-functional team to achieve goals
- Manages partnerships with multiple advertising and fulfillment agencies ensuring breakthrough creative and flawless execution
- Ensures all projects are executed on time and within budget
Is This You?
- Must have BA and at least 10+ years experience in licensing, or equivalent retail execution and strategy. (Advertising agency experience a plus, Retail/Licensing experience a must, eCommerce experience preferred)
- Proven experience understanding retail planning and executing exceptional quantitative skills, preferably in apparel
- Project management and cross functional experience required
- Must have strong leadership skills that translate to project ownership and meeting project objectives
- Highly organized multi-tasker with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Creative thinker who drives innovation and has the ability to think strategically but still deliver on detail
- Additional Qualifications:
- Develops resolutions through ingenuity and creativity to identify innovative solutions
- Eye for design tying to marketing strategy
- Works independently
- Gathers input from all levels and disciplines and quickly synthesize into actionable results
- Thrives in a fast-paced ever-changing environment, self-starter
- Innately curious and driven
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- On-site child care
- On-site gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- On-site dining center & lounge (yes, there is a Taco Bell Restaurant inside the building)
- Free snacks, soda, coffee and more
- Bagel & Donut Fridays
- Game room w/ Sports Memorabilia
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry services
- On-site carwash
- On-site salon services, including: massages, hair, nails, chiropractic and waxing treatments
- Year round half-day Fridays
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Virgin Pulse (exercise incentive program)
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Favorable Family Leave Act support and Adoption Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing & Insights Lab
As head of the Brand Marketing and Insights Lab Team, Melissa's role encompasses two major components—mining through culture and trends in addition to developing new products and menu items—in order to engage consumers with the Taco Bell brand.
Back to top