Food Safety Scientist, Quality Assurance
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About the Job:
Taco Bell is looking for a Food Safety Scientist to support the successful execution of Taco Bell Food Safety and Quality programs. This individual will provide technical support and solution-focused guidance to improve operations and ensure quality and safety throughout the process.
- Manage escalated QA hotline calls regarding food borne illness, communicable disease, pests, regulatory issues, and restaurant emergency procedures.
- Draft communications related to food safety and quality.
- Drive development, future enhancements, and routine monitoring using food safety and quality databases.
- Partner with Operations to support food safety initiatives in the field.
- Actively look for opportunities to develop and improve food safety and procedures in the restaurants.
- Represent QA on cross-functional teams for National Calendar projects by, supporting various phases of testing and restaurant visits.
- Ensure internal resources (Answer System, Learning Zone, and project training materials) are current, accurate, consistent, and include food safety and quality practices.
- Research food safety regulations and policies to ensure new program compliance.
Is This You?
- Bachelors degree in Food Science, Agriculture, Chemistry, Microbiology, or Health Science/Public Health
- 2-5 years experience preferred (Food Science, Regulatory)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex issues in a simple manner
- Manage execution of projects within timelines and budgets while effectively managing multiple priorities
- Ability to draft and complete reports of findings and conclusions
- Capability to communicate clearly and effectively while working efficiently with cross-functional teams
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- On-site child care
- On-site gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- On-site dining center & lounge (yes, there is a Taco Bell Restaurant inside the building)
- Free snacks, soda, coffee and more
- Bagel & Donut Fridays
- Game room w/ Sports Memorabilia
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry services
- On-site carwash
- On-site salon services, including: massages, hair, nails, chiropractic and waxing treatments
- Year round half-day Fridays
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Virgin Pulse (exercise incentive program)
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Favorable Family Leave Act support and Adoption Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing & Insights Lab
As head of the Brand Marketing and Insights Lab Team, Melissa's role encompasses two major components—mining through culture and trends in addition to developing new products and menu items—in order to engage consumers with the Taco Bell brand.
Back to top