Who are Taco Bell?
Taco Bell is a leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant brand that is a part of Yum! Brands, Inc. which includes Pizza Hut, KFC and The Habit Burger Grill. Founded on innovation and passion with Glen Bell bringing tacos to the masses in a world of hot dog and hamburger stands in 1962, today we have nearly 7,000 restaurants in the United States and over 400 restaurants in 27 countries outside of the United States. The future holds 2,000 more restaurants across the globe within the next decade. It's easy to see we’re in the business of making tacos, but at heart, we’re a business that’s fueled by the Live Más energy and passion of people serving people.
At Taco Bell, we know that employees want a company they can live and grow with; they crave a unique culture that fosters creativity and encourages pursuit of passion, and they look for opportunities to take risks, develop skills and learn in ways that fit their lifestyle. We foster a culture of authenticity and believe all people can make a difference. Join our UK & Europe division small and passionate team with a stong start up mentality.
About the Job:
The European Purchasing & Buying Manager will be part of UK & Europe Supply Chain Team, a dynamic team that values collaboration, resourcefulness, and enthusiasm. This person is responsible for managing all suppliers (food and non food). A strategic role which involves owning the supplier commercial relationship: price negotiation; performance to contract; risk management & corporate governance. The role is responsible for creating and executing a category strategy that delivers the short and long-term goals of the EU market, managing a complex matrix of internal and external relationships.
This position is normally based out of UK office, but we are in a COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period, and is ideal for individuals with high accountability, strong negotiation and analytical skills, great attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and a drive for results.
- Own the EU business unit cost of sales performance working closely with franchisees, internal stakeholders, and suppliers to identify cost reduction opportunities
- Responsible for mitigating annual inflation through category strategy, negotiation and margin improvement projects
- Prepare and lead negotiations for categories to achieve business unit cost goals
- Own the regional spend smarter and risk management strategy for the business unit
- Ensure all suppliers are contracted appropriately meeting EU business needs
- Performance manage suppliers to ensure uninterrupted supply and right first time quality
- Partner with cross functional teams to be the commercial contact for new suppliers, enabling effective delivery of Marketing Calendar
- Support local business unit Supply Chain, Quality Assurance and Product Development Manager on supplier issues, including supplier development & crisis management
- Manage EU supply base risk management within context of BREXIT
- Partner with Commercialisation team to ensure products are regionalised supporting cost and growth targets
- Manage legal, environmental and CSR aspects associated with food & pack to ensure compliance
- Collaborate with internal teams, franchisees and suppliers on development of packaging range. Procure in line with cost, as well as Brand and quality guidelines
- Effectively communicate project and category updates to the Taco Bell business unit cross functional teams
- Understand internal stakeholder needs and develop an external knowledge of the impact on Taco Bell EU supply chain
Skills & Requirements
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in buying or procurement
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working at International restaurant business, food retailer, food supplier, or in food manufacturing is a plus
- Proven success in managing cost & suppliers as well as improving work processes and leading change in a complex and fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate workflow and outputs efficiently across multiple functional groups
- Strong communications (presentation, verbal, writing) and relationship development skills
- Data and analysis-driven with strong Excel skills
- Self-starter capable of solving complex problems with limited data
- Executive presence to negotiate on behalf of business unit and work with franchisees
- Strong process creation and optimization
- High level of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to influence diverse customers in cross-functional setting
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with Más!
- Company and performance related bonus
- Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
- Private healthcare with the option to increase to include family cover and extra dental cover
- Annual holiday allowance starts at 25 days with the option to buy or sell up to 3 extra days per year
- After 5 years’ service, annual holiday allowance increases to 30 days
- Competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options
- International career opportunities across Yum!
- Pick n Mix Benefits, options include gym membership, health screening and travel insurance
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.