Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell was born and raised in California and has been around since 1962. We went from selling everyone’s favourite Crunchy Tacos on the West Coast to a global brand with 7,500+ restaurants, 350 franchise organizations, that serve 42+ million fans each week around the globe. We’re not only the largest Mexican-inspired quick service brand (QSR) in the world, we’re also part of the biggest restaurant group in the world: Yum! Brands.
Much of our fan love and authentic connection with our communities are rooted in being rebels with a cause. From ensuring we use high quality, sustainable ingredients to elevating restaurant technology in ways that hasn’t been done before… we will continue to be inclusive, bold, challenge the status quo and push industry boundaries.
We’re a company that celebrates and advocates for different, has bold self-expression, strives for a better future, and brings the fun while we’re at it. We fuel our culture with real people who bring unique experiences. We inspire and enable our teams and the world to Live Más.
At Taco Bell, we’re Cultural Rebels. Want to join in on the passion-fueled fun? Learn more about the career below.
What is “Live Más”?
Equally important to the job role and responsibilities is making sure the Purchasing and Buying Manager can represent the amazing Live Más! culture that is Taco Bell. At Taco Bell, we embrace breakthrough thinking and innovative ideas that continue to differentiate us from our competitors. We have a maniacal focus on our customers, never follow, and always celebrate the accomplishments of our people. If you want to have fun serving great food to our customers, we would love to meet with you.
About the Job:
The European Purchasing & Buying Manager will be part of UK & Europe Supply Chain Team, a dynamic team that values collaboration, resourcefulness, and enthusiasm. A strategic role which involves owning the supplier commercial relationship: price negotiation; performance to contract; risk management & corporate governance. The role is responsible for creating and executing a category strategy that delivers the short and long-term goals of the EU market, managing a complex matrix of internal and external relationships.
This position is based out of UK office and is ideal for individuals with high accountability, strong negotiation and analytical skills, great attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and a drive for results. In this role you will:
- Own the EU business unit cost of goods performance working closely with franchisees, internal stakeholders, and suppliers to identify cost reduction opportunities
- Responsible for mitigating annual inflation through category strategy, negotiation and margin improvement projects
- Prepare and lead negotiations for categories to achieve business unit cost goals
- Own the regional spend smarter and risk management strategy for the business unit
- Ensure all suppliers are contracted appropriately meeting EU business needs
- Performance manage suppliers to ensure uninterrupted supply and right first time quality
- Partner with cross functional teams to be the commercial contact for new suppliers, enabling effective delivery of Marketing Calendar
- Support local business unit Supply Chain, Quality Assurance and Product Development Manager on supplier issues, including supplier development & crisis management
- Manage EU supply base risk management within context of BREXIT
- Partner with Commercialisation team to ensure products are regionalised supporting cost and growth targets
- Manage legal, environmental and CSR aspects associated with food & pack to ensure compliance
- Collaborate with internal teams, franchisees and suppliers on development of packaging range. Procure in line with cost, as well as Brand and quality guidelines
- Effectively communicate project and category updates to the Taco Bell business unit cross functional teams
- Understand internal stakeholder needs and develop an external knowledge of the impact on Taco Bell EU supply chain
Is This You?
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in buying or procurement
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working at International restaurant business, food retailer, food supplier, or in food manufacturing is a plus
- Proven success in managing cost & suppliers as well as improving work processes and leading change in a complex and fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate workflow and outputs efficiently across multiple functional groups
- Strong communications (presentation, verbal, writing) and relationship development skills
- Data and analysis-driven with strong Excel skills
- Self-starter capable of solving complex problems with limited data
- Executive presence to negotiate on behalf of business unit and work with franchisees
- Strong process creation and optimization
- High level of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to influence diverse customers in cross-functional setting
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Company and performance related bonus
- Generous pension with up to 11% company contribution
- Private healthcare with the option to increase to include family cover and extra dental cover
- Annual holiday allowance starts at 25 days with the option to buy or sell up to 3 extra days per year
- 5 extra company recharge days a year
- After 5 years’ service, annual holiday allowance increases to 30 days
- We offer competitive maternity leave and flexible return to work options
- Pick n Mix Benefits to convert them into your very own benefits plans that’s unique to you - options include gym membership, health screening and travel insurance
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to taste a lot of Taco Bell!
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round
- Hybrid work schedule and year-round flex day Friday
- Discounts, free food, swag and… honestly, too many good benefits to name
At Taco Bell, we Live Más and invite you to do the same. Take a seat at our table. Bring your voice. Bring you, just as you are, a Cultural Rebel. We want you to be your best self!
Taco Bell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equity, inclusion, and belonging for all dimensions of diversity.