Director, Strategy & New Technology Delivery
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items. Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through nearly 7,000 restaurants across the nation, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services.
Overseas, Taco Bell has over 300 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants internationally within the next decade. The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. In 2016, Taco Bell was named as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World.
About the Job:
The Director of New Technology Delivery leads and manages all aspects of new technology programs and platforms for our restaurants including being the bridge between Digital engagement and execution of delivery within our restaurants. This role will include creation, continued management, and sharing of an evergreen technology roadmap. As new programs & platforms mature to be Nationally available and deployed, platforms will shift to an Existing Platform team for delivery, management and ongoing operations.
This leader will manage the restaurant technology workstream of our All Access program, opening more channels to Taco Bell's craveable food, making it available when, where and how consumers want it. Offering more options for group ordering, expanding our traditional Dine-In and Drive-Thru business, growing our Delivery business, and testing new Access options like Curbside and Kiosks.
Additional technology responsibilities include Business Intelligence and Data Services, HR Platforms, Portal, Digital Menu Boards, and technology demands needed for our Cantina platform.
- Lead complex technology programs, including direct participation in our All Access program, driving one of the biggest technology opportunities in Taco Bell history and setting the stage for future innovation
- Oversee the team, direct and virtual, and act as a point of accountability in the delivery of identified programs
- Delivery and evangelize a thoughtful, pragmatic approach to technology investment ensuring a forward-thinking approach to technology design and prioritization
- Build strong, long-term partnerships within the Restaurant Service Center (RSC), with the franchise community, and with external vendors to ensure successful delivery.
- Communicate program progress and issues/risks to leadership and stakeholders
- Inspire team, developing a high-performance culture and a sense of camaraderie
- Contribute to the maturing of organizational standards for architecture, portfolio management & project delivery, and security
Is This You?
- 10+ years of experience in technology leadership positions with experience leading a portfolio of large, transformational technology programs/projects and services and implementing change required to achieve value
- Experience building and executing a strategic roadmap of capabilities and related initiatives; Experience leading a pragmatic Enterprise Architecture or Business Technology Strategy function is preferred
- Architecturally-minded with a strong grasp of Enterprise-level Data and Integration
- A mind-set towards innovation through a quick test, learn, adapt approach
- Proven ability to lead, coach and develop direct and virtual technology team members in a collaborative environment
- Excellent influencing, relationship management, communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage vendors and build strategic partnerships
- Solid planning, financial management, and organizational strategy
- BA/BS degree, ideally in Computer Science or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in Quick Service Restaurant (QSR), retail, and/or multiunit chain/franchise environment a plus
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- On-site child care
- On-site gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- On-site dining center & lounge (yes, there is a Taco Bell Restaurant inside the building)
- Free snacks, soda, coffee and more
- Bagel & Donut Fridays
- Game room w/ Sports Memorabilia
- On-site dry cleaning and laundry services
- On-site carwash
- On-site salon services, including: massages, hair, nails, chiropractic and waxing treatments
- Year round half-day Fridays
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Virgin Pulse (exercise incentive program)
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, etc.)
- Favorable Family Leave Act support and Adoption Assistance
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
Meet Some of Taco Bell's Employees
Senior Vice President, Brand Marketing & Insights Lab
As head of the Brand Marketing and Insights Lab Team, Melissa's role encompasses two major components—mining through culture and trends in addition to developing new products and menu items—in order to engage consumers with the Taco Bell brand.
Back to top