Director of HR, Business Partner
- Irvine, CA
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
Reporting to the Sr. Director, HR, Support Center, the Director of HR, Business Partner is responsible for supporting the Marketing, Food Innovation, Legal and Finance Functions in the Restaurant Support Center. This role provides consulting and coaching to Senior Leadership, Departmental leaders, and Managers in order to support the business’s vision, mission, and overall objectives. The Director of HR is tasked with ensuring alignment between the business operations and the HR practices and objectives. This person should have a keen understanding of the business’s strategy, providing dynamic solutions using experience, data analyses, and organizational initiatives to guide decision making.
- Lead a team including HR Business Partners and Organizational Design Analyst.
- Teach, train and hold Leaders accountable to Yum! Building People Capability Cycle.
- Demonstrate full knowledge of all HR process and procedure including by not limited to designing and executing talent plans, goal setting and problem solving/process improvement.
- Lead by example – be a culture champion and live by Taco Bell principles
- Build a healthy and robust bench of developed and capable Leaders
- Leverage culture and people capability to fuel brand performance.
- Assess talent and create actionable plans to address gaps.
Deliver an Exceptional Customer and Team Member Experience
- Demonstrate the ability to be a trusted thought partner with Senior Leaders to optimize processes that enable an exceptional team member experience
- Support Leaders and Functions by developing and implementing policies, procedures and programs to elevate the team member experience and to attract and retain them
- Coach Leaders to hold team members accountable for creating culture
- Support Taco Bell’s Equity, Inclusion and Belonging mindset and strategy
- Address cultural gaps and create plans to make Taco Bell the best place to work, eat an own.
Grow the Brand, Sales, and Profits
- Working with HR team and client groups, create and implement a talent strategy that supports growing the Brand
- Consult with senior business leaders to determine organizational and performance gaps and create strategies to resolve
- Coach leaders to deliver results
- Build capability to improve problem solving and planning skills through on going coaching
- Partner with internal stakeholders, Finance, and Legal to reduce brand risk
- Identify people trends and create strategies and processes to improve and maintain measurements.
Is This You?
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Advanced degree preferred
- Senior Professional in Human Resources Certification (SPHR) a plus
- 10+ years HR leadership experience with strong record of growing and recruiting talent, development and performance management
- Dynamic, energetic and positive leader. A self-starter, proactively driven to get things done and does the right thing for the business
- Exhibits unrivaled leadership behaviors; providing coaching, developing the team, driving culture, problem solving, strong communication, time management, executing tasks and achieving results through others
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to navigate change
- Corporate office and Field experience in a fast paced environment
- Good communication skills, and strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills with exceptional team building capability
- Organizational development expertise in three or more of the following disciplines: organization design, meeting design and facilitation at senior levels, strategy development, organizational and team effectiveness, leadership development program design, talent management program design, change leadership, process improvement
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, salon services
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Back to top