Director, Global Learning & Development
- Irvine, CA
Who is Taco Bell?
Taco Bell Corp., a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), is the nation's leading Mexican-inspired quick service restaurant (QSR) brand. From breakfast to late night, Taco Bell serves made-to-order and customizable tacos and burritos, among other craveable choices, and is the first QSR restaurant to offer American Vegetarian Association (AVA)-certified menu items.
Taco Bell and its more than 350 franchise organizations proudly serve over 42 million customers each week through over 7,000 restaurants around the world, as well as through its mobile, desktop and delivery ordering services. Internationally, Taco Bell has over 600 restaurants, with plans to add 2,000 more restaurants in the next decade.
The brand encourages its fans to “Live Mas” and connects with them through sports, gaming and new music via its Feed The Beat® music program. Taco Bell also provides education opportunities and serves the community through its nonprofit organization, the Taco Bell® Foundation™, and connects fans with their passions through programs such as the Live Mas Scholarship program. According to Harris Poll, Taco Bell has been named America’s Best Mexican-Food Restaurant for two back-to-back years.
About the Job:
The Director of Global Learning and Development is an experienced and passionate leader who cares deeply about developing others and is excited by the opportunity to create innovative, relevant, data-driven learning experiences through various technology platforms to enable our teams. This position reports directly to the Chief People officer and is a critical member of the HR Leadership team. A successful candidate is highly collaborative to create a holistic global learning strategy that supports the needs of the business. This position will oversee training for role based curricula, new product launches, new product tests, service and operations’ initiatives, technology initiatives and HR Systems (ATS, LMS, LCMS).
The Director of Global Learning and Development will be an individual with experience in leading, influencing and motivating decentralized teams. A successful candidate will inspire innovation in training design and delivery and maintain a healthy external network to stay abreast of learning trends, systems, vendors, technology and continuous improvement processes.
- Develop the global strategy for learning & development and HR systems (ATS, LMS, LCMS) across 7,500 restaurants
- Consult with executive management, franchisees, and cross functional partners to analyze learning and development needs across all areas of the business
- Coach, lead and grow a team of passionate learning and systems’ professionals who analyze, design, develop and implement learning solutions for our restaurants, above restaurant leaders and franchisees
- Monitor industry trends as they relate to learning and development and continuously look for ways to innovate, making recommendations to enhance curricula, further leverage digital technology and maximize the development of our teams
- Lead enterprise design, development and delivery of all training programs, curricula, and brand standards
- Oversee HR Systems (ATS, LMS, LCMS)
- Partner and work collaboratively with our franchise training teams to identify training and development opportunities and share best practices
- Partner and collaborate with cross brand peers at Pizza Hut, KFC and our parent company, Yum!.
Is This You?
- 10-15 years of experience in the learning, development and training field; strong preference for QSR, restaurant or retail experience.
- 7+ years of experience leading a team in a fast paced, technology-forward environment including eLearning and virtual facilitation
- Experience overseeing LMS, LCMS, and ATS platforms
- Ability to think strategically, and a demonstrated track record of implementing scalable training solutions that meets current business needs
- Strong project management skills, including a proven track record of leading large, complex projects
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced degree preferred – Major in Instructional Design, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Effectiveness or Human Resources Management preferred
Why Taco Bell?
We truly believe that where you work matters, and we know a thing or two about what makes employees happy. Join us on our mission of feeding people’s lives with más!
- Year-round Flex day Fridays
- Free snacks, drinks and bagel & donut Fridays
- Onsite childcare through Bright Horizons
- Onsite dining center and game room (yes, there is a Taco Bell inside the building)
- Onsite dry cleaning, laundry services, carwash, salon services
- Onsite gym with fitness classes and personal trainer sessions
- 4 weeks of vacation per year plus holidays and time off for volunteering
- Tuition reimbursement and education benefits
- Discounts for life’s adventures (ex: theme parks, wireless plans, etc.)
- Generous parental leave for all new parents and adoption assistance program
- Opportunity to taste test new products
- 401(k) with a 6% matching contribution from Yum! Brands with immediate vesting
- Comprehensive medical and dental including prescription drug benefits and 100% preventive care
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Opportunities to support the Taco Bell Foundation’s educational initiatives and programs.
- Recognition based culture and unique, fun events year round (recess at work, Halloween Spooktacular, employee art show benefiting Taco Bell Foundation, etc.)
*Please note that some perks/amenities may not be available and/or may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion during the COVID-19 temporary work-from-home period.
Back to top